100 mile goal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mummy3monkeys

Sorry, not been about much, stressful few months. But my cycling has improved, nearly up to 2000 miles for the year and three weeks away from my original goal.
Still the furthest I have managed is 68 miles , still miles off from the target of 100 miles. Route now available, and even better, I have managed to raise over £200 for the Alzheimer's society. I am only slightly worried I won't make the full 100 miles and let down all the people who have sponsored me. Now getting slightly nervous!! Awaiting my pack, even though it is a sportive, we get a timer chip I think!

You'll manage it no problem on a supported ride and with other rides round you etc. Good Luck :-)

lee1980sim

I didn't go as far as my first sportive was 68 miles which was 27 miles further than I'd cycled before, as @HLaB says it's completely different on the day with others around it helps your progress and the miles will tick away, just don't do what I did for the first half... Watch my tracker and look at how many miles I'd done so far... It's of no benefit and is like watching time... Things drag!

13 rider

Guru
You'll be fine just take your time at the start You and me seem to join about the same time and have had similar targets my first 100 is penciled in for this month and my longest ride is 66 to date but I am fairly confident it's doable . Good luck with yours

BSRU

A Human Being
If you can do 68 miles than you can do 100, the main problem will be mental, assuming your fed/hydrated properly and don't blast off at the beginning.

OP
OP
Mummy3monkeys

Mummy3monkeys

Which 100 miler are you doing? I'm 5 weeks away from my first century ride - I am SO ready to get this done! I managed 75 today and for the first time I thought I might actually make the whole distance!
Well done for doing the 75 miles :smile:
Local hospital I work for charity ride.

Top Bottom