100 mile goal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
good for you and well done on the funds raised.

get well soon.

OP
OP
Mummy3monkeys

Mummy3monkeys

@mjray am guessing you don't like sportives lol.
Bananas and malt loaf, I took some with me, but topped up with exactly that, so nothing unusual and fairly hygienic as all individual. There were water containers to top up. Just one of those things I guess.

Managed my first century today , just over 7hrs, pleased with that, started off slow & then slowed down. I was pleased with how strong I felt, ( in part, taking advice from fellow forum members) my only regret is that I missed an opportunity to raise some funds for a worthy cause.
Always next time though :bicycle:

Katherine

Guru
Managed my first century today , just over 7hrs, pleased with that, started off slow & then slowed down. I was pleased with how strong I felt, ( in part, taking advice from fellow forum members) my only regret is that I missed an opportunity to raise some funds for a worthy cause.
Always next time though :bicycle:

Well done.
Was that the Manchester 100?

We passed a lot of the riders today, around Wilmslow and Alderley Edge.
"I'm starting to think about it for next year. My furthest is 51 miles.

We have some "flattish" ground surrounding Derby, except oop northwards! so I just linked some of my favourite routes together, went out on my own today more or less on the spur of the moment, as everything was in my favour, fine weather, good health, plenty of time,
I have been training, but my planned date was still a few weeks away, but hey! No time like the present
This one was for me as @mjray says, a very important personal milestone for me, as I was not in the best of health for a very long time.
The wonders of cycling & fresh air eh :dance:

Top Bottom