12 hour challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was probably more appropriate in the TT forum but because of the appeal I am hoping to get more readers this way. My better half, dr_pink on here is attempting the National 12 hour time trial on Sunday 27th of this month and I was wondering if anyone on the York area would be around to lend vocal support. It doesn't matter if it is only for a short time because it is a huge boost to the rider to keep them going.
The event starts at Melbourne a few miles to the east of York and is more or less centred on the Pocklington area and does a number of approx 40 mile circuits before finishing on a smaller one. Start time is just after 5am and obviously will finish 12 hours later. The second half will be the toughest.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can make it. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good luck Dr Pink.

Good luck to your better half, out of interest what distance is she expecting to do?
The honest answer to that is that we do not know, this is proper endurance riding at pace so it will be dependent on a number of factors, the major one being the weather followed closely by the course profile. The biggest factor of all of course will be the condition of the rider on the day.
Anything over 220 miles will be great and if 240 is achieved I will be ecstatic, but that is averaging 20 mph of course. Nutrition will be very important.

If I am working on the Saturday I will try and cycle up on the Sunday, will let you know. GL Dr.P

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
There was me thinking it was only the English who were masters of the understatement :smile:.
Well, what I really meant was: treble :eek: this is not a ride, this is torture that surely should not be self inflicted, did somebody read it on an ancient Spanish inquisition papyrus?
Yeahbut, cannae say this about a Dr Pink ride, 'cause for the Lady in Pink no ride is impossible :smile:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I don't think I'll be able to get there due to probable family commitments in Lincs (thinking of having my sister-in-law committed:wacko:), but thoughts will be with you and dr-pink.
Hope all goes according to plan for today's 100.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The honest answer to that is that we do not know, this is proper endurance riding at pace so it will be dependent on a number of factors, the major one being the weather followed closely by the course profile. The biggest factor of all of course will be the condition of the rider on the day.
Anything over 220 miles will be great and if 240 is achieved I will be ecstatic, but that is averaging 20 mph of course. Nutrition will be very important.

Ecstatic it is then! Well done @dr_pink :bravo:

Top Bottom