12 hour challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Robert's comprehensive answer is essentially correct except on this occasion the winning man and woman each received £50 and second place was £40, third £30. The ridiculous thing was that the men were awarded Gold, silver and bronze but the women only got gold and silver, no third place medal. Perhaps this highlights what we are up against.
Get those fixies stripped down, fit some grass track tyres and practice sprinting - £80 for first in the 800m scratch, £100 for first in the 8km scratch at Heckington Show :eek:, plus a few other races offering £50 for first. You could have done this on Saturday on the way to Yorkshire! ^_^

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I feel exactly the same.
I can knock out 100+ milers all day everyday, but 247? Not in a million years...
I think I could do 247 miles in a million years...

But 247 miles in 12 hours is simply incomprehensible. Congratulations to the good doctor.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Robert's comprehensive answer is essentially correct except on this occasion the winning man and woman each received £50 and second place was £40, third £30. The ridiculous thing was that the men were awarded Gold, silver and bronze but the women only got gold and silver, no third place medal. Perhaps this highlights what we are up against.
Was that because of a small field or simple sexism? When fields are small sometimes not all awards are given.

Was that because of a small field or simple sexism? When fields are small sometimes not all awards are given.
I believe there is an element of both, but of course if enough women have entered to fill the top three places then third should be awarded. The point is this, third place woman worked just as hard as the third placed man. In this particular event the 3rd placed woman was given the £30 but no medal. Double standards on two fronts. Plain wrong.
Anyone in the legal profession on here?

Top Bottom