12V Electric Electronic Relays

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Need to have some changeover relays to get my kitcar on matching switches for the test, not really need but would make it look nicer, anyway trawling ebay for the relays dodging all the Chinese sellers who claim to be in the UK came across a seller in Leeds, but he has 2 different types

Selection_446.jpg

Selection_445.jpg

The obvious difference is the resistor across the coil, what is it's purpose & do I need it?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Need to have some changeover relays to get my kitcar on matching switches for the test, not really need but would make it look nicer, anyway trawling ebay for the relays dodging all the Chinese sellers who claim to be in the UK came across a seller in Leeds, but he has 2 different types

View attachment 579187
View attachment 579188
The obvious difference is the resistor across the coil, what is it's purpose & do I need it?
Using a resistor is a polarity agnostic alternative to using a back-EMF prevention diode in the same place. If you’re using real switches rather than fancy electronics then you don’t really need it, but it won’t do any harm either.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

So as they are the same price, I'll go for the resistor version, Thank you

figbat

Slippery scientist
I usually go to 12 Volt Planet for this kind of thing. So far, so good. Not sure how cost competitive they are but they can’t be too bad or I wouldn’t have used them!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I usually go to 12 Volt Planet for this kind of thing. So far, so good. Not sure how cost competitive they are but they can’t be too bad or I wouldn’t have used them!
Like them, link saved for the future

Top Bottom