17th April 2015 Night Ride to Bognor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Shirley that's at the top of the hill though.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Has anyone got any recommendations on a handlebar extender mount?

I'd be looking to mount two B&M Ixon IQs on it off my drop handlebars.

Has anyone got any recommendations on a handlebar extender mount?

I'd be looking to mount two B&M Ixon IQs on it off my drop handlebars.
I have those lights mounted upside down* on this T-bar extender (other lengths and angles available), fitted to my bike as you can see in this bike "review". This particular extender will only work if your steerer tube hasn't been chopped right down to "slam" level.

I like it. Two Ixons with full complement of batteries are pretty hefty but this mount is solid. I've had fork-mounted extenders break before.

* which does mean an 'odd' beam pattern with these particular lights.

kimble

Veteran
Another vote for those SJS extenders if you can fit one. They're seriously solid compared to something like a Minoura SpaceGrip. I bodged on onto the dérailleur post of my partners trike for mounting stuff, and she occasionally leans on it for balance when getting in and out of the seat, so the weight of a couple of Ixons rattling around won't challenge it.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Another vote for those SJS extenders if you can fit one. They're seriously solid
Agreed, I have one on the audax bike and another on the expedition bike. I've mounted an Ortlieb barbag on them. In Patagonia, on those ghastly roads, with a loaded barbag, that's an achievement. Recommended kit.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Thanks everyone for the tips on the route. When we do the recce, I will make sure we try the best way. We will also try the idea of riding in smaller groups if necessary, it's a sensible idea. I can't imagine the Gurkha Bridge is going to be dry enough, but we will take a look.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Adrian C
Andrew B
Andrew F
Carl P
Claudine C
Frank P
Gordon P