18+ / NSFW sub-forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Just an idea: Reading though recent threads where people are arguing about the content of some posts, would it be a good idea to create a sub-forum that any post that is NSFW or 18+ can be placed?

I assume its also possible to hide this forum for anyone who wants it hidden, unregistered users or those with an age of <18.

Obviously this forum would still need moderation, but at least the mods would expect the type of posts that would reside in this forum. The sub-forum could even have a dedicated mod (or two) if the normal mods wouldn't like to moderate it themselves.

That way we can still post "nuts like" threads and still keep the rest of the forum, family friendly.

jeltz

Veteran
I've seen similar sections on other forums but eventually they tend to self destruct when 2 or more members compete to see who can stretch push the boundaries the furthest.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i don't see the point. i just use the 'off' option on p&l cafe. i only see the bike related stuff now. also the block option works a treat as well.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
i often roll into CC when i'm at work. If there was the slightest possibility of it having anything that would put my job at risk, i wouldn't come here.

I'm pretty sure this would apply to a lot of people

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
It was just a thought......

I thought it could help prevent everything you're all suggesting. Segregating it and putting it where people expect, away from the other sub-forums.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
TheDoctor said:
I'm with Mr P on this - there's enough smut on the interwebs already, without CC being full of it.
david-tennant-doctor-who1.jpg

1890waffles2.jpg

pot_clean.jpg

Stainless%2520steel%2520Tea%2520Kettle_600.jpg

;)

Attachments

• david-tennant-doctor-who1.jpg
    david-tennant-doctor-who1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 1890waffles2.jpg
    1890waffles2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 59
  • pot_clean.jpg
    pot_clean.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Stainless%2520steel%2520Tea%2520Kettle_600.jpg
    Stainless%2520steel%2520Tea%2520Kettle_600.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
I don't think it would work. Tell people not to post smutty stuff and they do. Give them a safe area to post smutty stuff and it's a green light to go as bare as you dare.

So for that reason, and that reason alone, I'm afraid I'm out.

I could see that happening too.

But if you put strict limits on it, and drew the line clearly, It would remove all "smutty" threads from other sub-forums and put them in a place where people can look if they want, and not stumble across them when they don't (at work for instance).

yenrod

Bongman said:
Just an idea: Reading though recent threads where people are arguing about the content of some posts, would it be a good idea to create a sub-forum that any post that is NSFW or 18+ can be placed?

I assume its also possible to hide this forum for anyone who wants it hidden, unregistered users or those with an age of <18.

Obviously this forum would still need moderation, but at least the mods would expect the type of posts that would reside in this forum. The sub-forum could even have a dedicated mod (or two) if the normal mods wouldn't like to moderate it themselves.

That way we can still post "nuts like" threads and still keep the rest of the forum, family friendly.

Nah - it'd get TOO close to the knuckle: Sean would be on for a heartattrack continuously..so, I don't reckon...really !

Top Bottom