18th birthday suggestions for a boy - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm hunting for ideas for 18th birthday suggestions. My eldest isn't into bikes, doesn't want to drive, has few hobbies apart from chess, archery and the cinema. Oh, and Minecraft.

The challenge is he isn't into the latest clothes, partying, etc. He spends virtually nothing and we're stuck for ideas. He has Asperger's meaning he won't want anything too loud, public, etc.

Whilst we've not got a fortune I'd like to get him something that of meaning to him - so CC - what would you suggest? I've thought of a few things but would appreciate more ideas ...

Buck

Guru
Would he like a watch?

Something that he can keep and treasure as well as get use out of?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You said that something loud might be a problem. Ear defenders, especially noise-cancelling ones are pretty good these days. I may be completely out of order, but clay pigeon shooting has never left any of the fellow participants I know without a huge grin on their faces. A trial lesson doesn't cost a fortune either.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Would your son be interested in going to a Minevention or Minecon event? I appreciate that they're public events, but the idea of a few hundred 'very' like minded attendees may persuade him.

Katherine

Guru
Starter Tool Set
Watch
Meccano

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I'm hunting for ideas for 18th birthday suggestions. My eldest isn't into bikes, doesn't want to drive, has few hobbies apart from chess, archery and the cinema. Oh, and Minecraft.

The challenge is he isn't into the latest clothes, partying, etc. He spends virtually nothing and we're stuck for ideas. He has Asperger's meaning he won't want anything too loud, public, etc.

Whilst we've not got a fortune I'd like to get him something that of meaning to him - so CC - what would you suggest? I've thought of a few things but would appreciate more ideas ...
A nice new laptop

Jody

Stubborn git
18th present really needs to be something that can be kept and treasured. I would also opt for a watch or something similar.

Top Bottom