18th birthday suggestions for a boy - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
his archery session with a cake

9099abf18386d34423cb9df2258fa303--boy-birthday-birthday-ideas.jpg

PS I think you should promote him to "18 year old man".

He'll get a nice one for his university engineering course once we've figured out what's needed.

If manual draughting (as opposed to CAD) is still being taught, then a proper set of compasses, pencils and metal rulers might be nice. I remember how much pleasure I had (and still have) from mine.

I still prefer doing things by hand as opposed to CAD. :blush:

Katherine

Guru
If manual draughting (as opposed to CAD) is still being taught, then a proper set of compasses, pencils and metal rulers might be nice. I remember how much pleasure I had (and still have) from mine.

I still prefer doing things by hand as opposed to CAD. :blush:
One of the first things that young Mr K did at the Engineering company that he joined after Uni, was help convert all the original drawings onto the software that he'd been using for 4 years.

MarkF

Guru
Would he like a watch?

Something that he can keep and treasure as well as get use out of?

I got both my sons a decent automatic wristwatch for their 18th's, engraved on the case backs. I don't think they were that fussed. Elder son pawned his at some time or other, younger one wears his every day and gets stressed when he can't find it.

Last edited:
One of the first things that young Mr K did at the Engineering company that he joined after Uni, was help convert all the original drawings onto the software that he'd been using for 4 years.

I don't mind using CAD etc - I've built 3D models of racing car chassis amongst other things - but there's something inherently satisfying working with pen & paper. Not to mention the back-of-envelope sketches. :blush:

Top Bottom