1965 Moulton 4 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
The rubber suspension 'donut' just behind the pivot bolt.

weareHKR

Cracking restoration... :notworthy:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That rubber donut must have incredible forces trying to shear it vertically as the rear wheel arm tries to rotate on the pivot bolt.

roley poley

Über Member
love 'em rode my 1964 standard till the rear frame cracked and then donated it to the moulton preservation society ...the space frames of today are well beyond my price range and a little too posh for my day to day utility...went and bought a brompton to fill the gap but would have prefered the same again please but not to be found today

OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
Yes I was lucky..i found a guy with 2 of them for sale so I bought them both. But I sold this red one.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Did you manage to get any new parts? Moulton Preservation has been shut since July due to illness and there is no indication if or when it might re-open, so the bits that wear out like bushes, bellows, etc are unobtanium unless you cannibalise another bike, which is what I had to do. There are alternative sources for rear pivot kits.

OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
Did you manage to get any new parts? Moulton Preservation has been shut since July due to illness and there is no indication if or when it might re-open, so the bits that wear out like bushes, bellows, etc are unobtanium unless you cannibalise another bike, which is what I had to do. There are alternative sources for rear pivot kits.
Didn’t really need any parts but now I have put my bafang kit on the bike to try out for awhile.

Top Bottom