1987? Raleigh Record Ace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought this on Ebay this evening, wasn't sure what exactly I had but went ahead and bid on it anyway :rolleyes:.
I searched everywhere for a similar one to verify and date it, then just now I found it in the 87 catalogue (by this time I had already won it of course, I was beginning to panic cos no-one bid against me).
I think it may be pretty much original although it's missing its champagne mudguards. This is the only pic I have so far
$_57.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:

OP
OP
mikeymustard
@mikeymustard your garage must be as full as mine at the mo

nice looking bike again
you've heard of N+1 Well this bike is G+1 where G=the number of bikes that will fit in my garage! I promised myself I wasn't gonna buy any more until I shifted the Flyer and Elan, and since the Elan isn't even finished yet....
But then it's not physically possible to resist a bike that's crying out for a cheeky bid!

Last edited:
i couldn't afford one of these on my £1.20/hr washing dishes at the time, its Reynolds right? Can you post pic of catalogue so I can reminisce ? Good buy!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
@Grant Fondo http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/ncl/pics/Raleigh catalogue 1987 Racer and Lightweight (V-CC Library).pdf
fill ya boots!
@raleighnut gave some of it a bit of a t-cut, you're right, underneath all that mulm it is metallic! I'm not sure even metallic taupe (sorry, Beaver is it's actual name, snort) could be considered lovely as such, but it definitely looks better!
Thought so, just wait til you've done it all, people don't expect brown to sparkle in the sun. :becool:

Top Bottom