1989 Peugeot skip find restoration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dewi

Veteran
Just ordered some tyres for my old 1980's Peugeot, not riden it in over 20 years so was planning on a small project over Christmas. Wasn't planning to paint but black looks very good, so do the modern brake levers, my project could get bigger :smile:

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

Über Member
Just ordered some tyres for my old 1980's Peugeot, not riden it in over 20 years so was planning on a small project over Christmas. Wasn't planning to paint but black looks very good, so do the modern brake levers, my project could get bigger :smile:
Watch out if you're painting this time of year. It's difficult to get a good finish when the temperatures are low - I've had to abandon paint jobs and start from scratch in warmer months because of this before. If you are doing it, I'd suggest keeping the paint and frame inside and if you're painting out in a shed or garage, heating it before you take everything out there to paint. I'd also suggest taking the painted frame back into somewhere warm to cure after painting. I'm thinking of repainting my fixie frame over Christmas and will be trying this approach... or waiting until the wife is out and just doing the whole thing in the kitchen ^_^

Top Bottom