2-way radios (communication) for bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
Perhaps this would send the correct message :smile:

411F3Fu-eAL._SY355_.jpg

On a more serious note, you'd want something with PTT (push to talk) or heavy breathing/cursing could annoy the other.

Globalti

Legendary Member
They are useful for mountain bikers where speeds are slow and it's possible to get separated from the main group, especially on a cheeky "urban" ride which takes all kinds of twists and turns. I've never tried mine on the road bike, I reckon wind noise might make them useless.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
Aftershokz bluetooth headsets with a free walkie talkie app that works over wireless hotspot initiated from one person's mobile phone

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
We use them on family bike rides when teenagers want to blaze ahead but 6 yr old isn't as fast.. can reel in the speedsters or tell them where to stop/meet us.. having one on a strap is handier than unlocking a mobile phone.

OP
OP
jbw57

jbw57

Thanks everyone for all the relies and the amusing one's too ^_^ The nice thing about the Terrano is the receiver is tiny and mounts to the top of the helmet and from there a short patch cord attaches to the head set speakers which mounts to the helmet so nothing is attached to the person, also the mouth piece with boom is attached to the helmet so again nothing attach to the body. Also they claim its voice activated and they have addressed wind interference, etc......not worried about cost as my main concern is having to route wires all over the body and or bike.....anyway your replies were and are most appreciated and welcome any other ideas and input, thanks again!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
How about 2 mobile phones on handlebar mounts. You could video call each other. ^_^

OP
OP
jbw57

jbw57

After doing some research I decided to go with the Vertix that I mentioned above.....I had sent an email earlier today and within an hour I had a call from them, I asked many questions and they were very generous with there time answering all my questions. The model Phillip from Vertix recommended is the (casual bikers S series twin) so I took his recommendation. Looking forward getting the unit installed. If anyone is interested I can report back with my findings on how they perform.

Top Bottom