2009 Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
got mine today..bonj if your racing round plz may i tie my bike to your,s..:smile: trying to decide if better to get up there fri and stay b+b or get up early sat

bonj2

theloafer said:
got mine today..bonj if your racing round plz may i tie my bike to your,s..:biggrin: trying to decide if better to get up there fri and stay b+b or get up early sat

well if you live in durham it's not that far... i'm staying in a b&b but i live over two hours away.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, I had a go at the Ryals yesterday (see this pic from Cyclone website) which acc to latest email from organisers reaches 30% gradient at one point. I did a circuit which involved going up them twice :biggrin: just for the heck of it. :smile:

Some signage up already (see pic) and my appetitie is well and truly whetted. :smile: Chucked it down with rain yesterday too, so my mudguards were a boon! Was also back in 3/4 bottoms, and could have done with a warmer top... brrr!
(and yes, I do have my saddle and handlebars at odd angles... I like 'em like that)

theloafer

Legendary Member
hey gez got a b+b out by airport for fri night which way would you say was best to get to leazes park ...is it a 1 way system around there cuz i hate them...lol

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
tbh loafer, I rarely drive in Toon, and I'm not familiar with the one ways... I presume you're talking about registering on the Friday evening... personally I'sd suggest checking into hotel, the get metro into town (Haymarket or St. James's are within 10 mins walk of the check-in place). Or try parking in one of the town centre car parks (there's one near Haymarket bus station)...
I'm probably going to register Fri evening as well, about 6.30ish I guess, so I'll keep an eye out. If I didn't have a full load of visiting rellies this weekend, I'd have offered a place to stay... :biggrin:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
We stayed in a B+B near the airport last year (on the roundabout entering Ponteland, actually on the course). To get into town, walk to the airport and take the metro, to get to the start, pedal towards the town and just follow all the other cyclists.

theloafer

Legendary Member
no probs mate..metro sounds good idea can pick that up next to airport have fri off so will be up early afternoon help to get bearings..lol i still have your number will let you know if i am there about the same time cheers mate

neslon

Hi Folks
I'll be there on the 100. Did the 60m for the last two years (I also saw the guy with one leg in the ditch - he overtook me a few miles back going like stink!). See you on the day (look for lime green Marbella kit & a black Tricross)
Neslon

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I may not be 'in' tomorrow or Friday (or only to have a quick looksy) so I'll just take this opportunity to wish all Northern Rockers 'good luck' on the day... :rolleyes:
Reports back in this thread afterwards?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just rode (on my way home from work in Toon) the bit from Ponteland - Whalton - Dyke Neuk. Happy to report Northumberland looking splendid, and it's had a light watering, so should be nice and fresh :biggrin:

theloafer

Legendary Member
i hope that all that wet stuff has been used up ..lol just giving the bike the once over and getting myself sorted trying not to forget owt...told b+b will be there about 4-5 ish all cyclone ride,s have a great day ..and if you see me lagging on the hills dont be afraid to push me...:ohmy:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nice one loafer... good luck, and p'raps see you at Leazes Park this evening. :ohmy:
Forecast looks OK weather-wise... about 14/15 deg C, light breeze, maybe occ shower.

ferret fur

Rats! I have just pulled a hamstring. I was really looking forward to this 'n all. Why does this sort of thing always happen to me?

Top Bottom