England : Cheshire 2013 Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I think I'm going to struggle to make that date too. It's the weekend after the "C2C in a day" sportive. Chances of getting two weekends in a row free are pretty slim.

On the other-hand I've now got a spare pass out this Sunday. Given that the weather forcast for West Yorkshire on Sunday is relatively OK does anyone fancy a short notice forum ride on Sunday (assuming we are spared Snowmageddon).

Psyklon

I couldn't make the original event so I didn't bother entering. I can now do the rearranged one although it coincides with the LCL which I also wanted to do! This is poor planning by Wiggle, although their decision to "cancel" the original event must be applauded. Both these events take in Delamere forest so there will be lots of bikes in and around the leafy Cheshire lanes on that date that's for sure!

Upstream

This in today...

More on the postponement of Wiggle Cheshire Cat
We emailed you last week to inform you of our decision to postpone the 2013 Wiggle Cheshire Cat to 7th July. We left the decision as late as possible to get the most accurate weather information but also as soon as we could to give people time to cancel any travel/accommodation arrangements and re-plan the weekend. Now the dust, or rather snow, has settled we can now tell you about some further important actions and options.
The re-scheduled Cat date is set and, as an officially registered participant you need to retain your Ticket to Ride. However, we appreciate that in some cases people may already have commitments or another ride booked for 7th July. If that's you then just send an email to contact@kilotogo.com by 29th March from the email address registered in your kilotogo account, specifying your rider number and we'll handle your transfer to our brand new Wiggle Shropshire Mynd sportive (full details available soon) which takes place on 15th September. This is the 'second option' for those who are unable to ride on the 7th July as a result of the postponement. What we can reveal about this new sportive ride here and now is that the event HQ for is only 36 miles from Crewe. Again, hang on to that all important Ticket to Ride as your chip and number activation will also be transferred.
If your original Wiggle Cheshire Cat rider pack never arrived in the post because we had to retain it, now is also an opportunity to log-in to your kilotogo account and check the reason why. Is your address wrong/in-complete? Have you been entered as part of a group by a friend and still not gone online and signed your e-disclaimer? Please check / complete this information – again by that all important date of 29th March – and we’ll post your original Wiggle Cheshire Cat Ticket to Ride to you. If your pack is lost in the post or retained for any other reason we can still sort things out at our service desk on the day.
Make sure you stay tuned in to our emailings for more news on this and all our other 2013 events.

Upstream

That doesn't really help anyone does it? Kilo to go looking after themselves...no mention of refunds for anyone who doesn't or can't travel the extra 36 miles or even wish to.
I think it isn't ideal especially as I felt that I was being asked to agree to participate in a ride that at this stage, no details other than the intended date has been released and with none likely to be released ahead of Friday's deadline for requesting a transfer. That having been said, legally (based on their contract) they could have just said that it was tough luck and kept everyone's money after postponing the event or they could have gone ahead with it anyway which would have meant that perhaps two thirds of entrants would have dropped out anyway for a number of different reasons.

It's not an ideal situation - I'd have preferred to have ridden in June or July but the alternative date clashes with another sportive I'm booked onto. Still - mighty Mow Cop has gotten a reprieve because I had planned to teach it a lesson or two ;-)

billy1561

BB wrecker
My inclination is to give KTG events a wide berth in future. Particularly early season ones such as the cat where the entry appears to dependent on the weather. I'm not knocking them for cancelling it as i'm sure it was the right thing to do, but to be so dismissive to people who have paid their hard earned cash over is another matter.
Mow cop can be ridden any time of year so anyone who has the urge to give it a bash can.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I too will have to think long and hard before giving KTG any more of my cash. Shame really as I've ridden the Cat for the last 5yrs. I'm not happy at being allocated an alternate sportive date that may or may not suit my plans - surely the fairest way would be to give a credit for any of the upcoming KTG events this year, or entry into next years Cat.

I'll probably sign up for the Shropshire Mynd, as there's no way I can do the Cat, and the alternative is to lose the entry fee altogether; whether I actually bother to ride it or not is still to be seen.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'd have preferred them to give a series of alternatives, rather than re-scheduled or September. Not everyone's near Shropshire!

As Kestevan, I'll probably sign up for Shropshire since I can't do the alternative.

I'm annoyed that they've basically buried their heads here, when it could've been good PR. Evans however appear to have offered a better response and, given that their events are usually well run, I'm much more likely to do these in the future.

BJH

Über Member
Hopefully KTG are reading the comments posted here and will recognise that the options they have offered are not going to meet everyone's requirements.

As an event organiser they will have had unrecoverable costs from the cancellation but they should look to insure them selves against this.

Anyone who entered this ride did so based on that specific date and course - offering an alternate date, or an alternate course (even if it is only 36 miles away) is not a suitable alternative.

Refund those who don't want your alternatives because this is showing you in a poor light

aces_up1504

While I did not sign up in the end, I believe it was clearly stated in the entry rules, that refunds would not be given in the event of a cancellation, alternative date or event would be provided.

Which looks like has been provided as per the rules/contract of entry. From looking at other sportive this seems a standard practice.

While I agree the rescheduled date is shocking given it clashes with the LCL event, they have created a new event also which is relatively close.

I think that kilo to go have fulfilled there part of the contract, yes I would be peed off if I could not make the other replacement events but by signing up you agree to their t&c which I don't think they have broken.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I am very disgruntled that KTG did not take it upon themselves to arreange decent weather conditions as as per last year.

I will now not enter any more cyclo sprtive events, Im selling my bikes, Buying a 3 door black corsa with a wikid system and zorst and a baseball cap to be worn 180° to its intended fitment.

TAKE THAT Klio to go, init?!?!

Its all your fault.

Top Bottom