2013 Cycling Goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An further update on my 2013 cycling goals. How are yours going?

Oh yes - I forgot about LEL. Here are my updated goals:
  1. To ride my bike again!
  2. Not die trying.
  3. Not get scarily close to dying either! :thumbsup:
  4. Don't even think about riding LEL 2013!
  5. Enjoy reading about other mad people's riders' LEL 2013! :laugh:
  1. Done!
  2. So far, so good!
  3. Well, er, I did black out on a ride and find out that I was ill again, but it wasn't quite so scary the second time round!
  4. Done!
  5. I'm still waiting for the LEL reports!
  6. BONUS GOAL #1: I'm already back on my gym bike but will leave the road bike alone for a month. My MTB needs its brakes fixing and once that is done I will tootle along the local canal towpath and Calder Valley cycleway until I am confident that my clots are back under control.
  7. BONUS GOAL #2: Keep losing weight ready for my forum ride comeback. I'm below 14 stone now, about 38 pounds lighter than when I got ill last year and the weight is gradually melting away courtesy of my 5:2 fasting regime and 11 months off the beer. Another 25 pounds should do it!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
My 2013 goals:
1: To put in a 500km month
2: To ride more than 200km in a winter month (my new winter bike with mudguards should help with that!)
3: To cycle a circuit from Kirkstall Abbey, Ilkley, Otley, Kirkstall Abbey
4: To stop hemorrhaging money on cycling kit!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bloody hard work. Well done.
I do miss the beer, but it wouldn't be a good idea for me to be knocking back the pints while I am this fragile!

It has saved me a lot of money, and I feel (and look) much better for the weight loss. When I first got back on my bike, I could feel it straight away as soon as I started to go up any kind of slope. I felt very unfit and slow, but I didn't feel that extra weight dragging me back downhill.

Another update.
  1. Jan 5th. Get a place for the LEL! (fingers crossed).
  2. Pre July - an SR. I've done a 200 and 400, did not finish a 600 but learnt a lot. Couldn't do the 300 due to a job interview.
  3. Spring. N+1 audax bike A shiney red Hewitt Chiltern. Very nice.
  4. April. First FNRttC York to Hull. A fine ride.
  5. June/July. Boys weekend S2S (Whitehaven to Sunderland). Got the boys w/end beer cycle crawl 100 miler this weekend.
  6. July/Aug. LEL. :wahhey:
  7. Jan-Dec. Imperial century a month. Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July and August centuries done.
  8. After August. Lighten up on the cycling a bit! Looks like i'm going to fail on this. Need to do a 300 and 600 to complete the SR. Going to be cycling hard and far while I can. Maybe lighten up for the winter?

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I met my 2013 cycling goal on Sunday. I completed the RideLondon 100.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Now we are in the last month of the year, I'm thinking about my cycling goals for 2013.

1. Do the Century a Month Challenge

2. Have one "1000 mile" month

3. Have a bash at Cyclocross racing

4. Be a better mechanic at the end of the year than at the start (not hard)

5. Beat 50 mph on a bike

6. Beat previous best annual mileage of 5207

What are your goals??

Well, just about time to take stock.

1. I managed the Imperial Century a month challenge - good stuff
2. I didn't make a 1000 mile month
3. I love my Cyclocross bike, but didn't do any cyclocross racing
4. Probably a tiny bit better at mechanics than at the start of the year
5. I beat 50 mph a few times this year, the best being coming down from the Col de Glandon :smile:
6. I beat my best annual mileage of 5,207. I'm on 5,561 and will probably do a few more. I've also done 560 turbo miles so far.

So not bad overall - hows about the rest of you?

1. Jan 5th. Get a place for the LEL! (fingers crossed).
  2. Completed an SR by end of season
  3. Spring. N+1 audax bike A shiney red Hewitt Chiltern. Very nice.
  4. April. First FNRttC York to Hull. A fine ride.
  5. June/July. Boys weekend S2S (Whitehaven to Sunderland). Got the boys w/end beer cycle crawl 100 miler this weekend.
  6. July/Aug. LEL.
  7. Jan-Dec. Imperial century a month. Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July and August centuries done. Failed. Dropped out in October due to illness. There's always 2014 though!
  8. After August. Lighten up on the cycling a bit! (Well, September anyway).

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
2012 10801 miles
2013 10786 miles

I was successful in my cycling goal...............just..
BUT....there is still a few days to go....I must not............I must resist.......
I would also have to nip out for a ride round the block.....
What was the main reason for wanting to cycle less ?

Top Bottom