2013 National Road Race Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Interesting to see how the roadmen are so well placed, pro riders from all levels in the top 10, but what a ride from Mr Peacock in 8th! Clearly inspired by having a "local national" championship to ride, I bet he's been out practising on the course...cheefky feller, but placing high up in that field certainly merits a very honourable mention.
Peacock closely followed by a Partridge, apparently:laugh:

oldroadman

Veteran
Peacock closely followed by a Partridge, apparently:laugh:
14th Mr Perry - or is it peary? Shame there's no Twelvetrees or similar further down the list..:rolleyes:

jim55

Guru
what time do you think the mens bunch will b heading off at ,im gona head down to Glasgow green as its not far from my house ,where is the start /finish at ,il b coming in from the rutherglen end along the cyclepath

redcard

Veteran
what time do you think the mens bunch will b heading off at ,im gona head down to Glasgow green as its not far from my house ,where is the start /finish at ,il b coming in from the rutherglen end along the cyclepath

Details are on the BC site

jim55

Guru
yeah I got that from the site ,any idea where on the green they are starting from,id imagine its gona b near the fountain area ,I just don't wana cycle down and find my route (along the path alongside the water)is all fenced off and I cant get in and see anything

GBC

Veteran
Here's some shots from the Time Trials. These are some of the first riders out and if any can be identified, please feel free.

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1732 (800x646).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 32

GBC

Veteran
The second group was the elite men.
IMG_1738.JPG

Ben Swift on the 'ramp', and then away.

IMG_1739.JPG

Followed by Luke Rowe

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

.......and the excellent Robert Partridge

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

Last but far from least, Alex Dowsett.

IMG_1745.JPG

Picture quality isn't great, but that's what you get from a compact camera and a fair amount of cropping.

zizou

Veteran
The Royal Navy rider pictured is Sean Childs i think - he had a puncture and ended up finishing the race on a spectators bike!

Top Bottom