2014 Cycling Resolutions - What's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
to do more
:bicycle: that is all

As above. Although its not going to be hard as I have already done 20% of last years total this year. Only did about 100 miles last year (not ridden for around a decade previously, only the occasional ride) but aiming for 1200+ miles this year.

young Ed

Veteran
more pedalling
buy a garmin cycle gps
learn how to use garmin
not annoy you lot..... as much!
Cheers Ed

sheffgirl

My resolution is to continue cycling to work despite the prospect of tripling my commuting distance when I move in a few weeks.
I may not persevere with it in the winter but I hope to continue cycling through the summer. I will be increasing from 27.5 miles a week to 83.5 miles :ohmy: I may not succeed with it, but I will certainly try :smile:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
1504541_708544429169964_1120263273_n.jpg

F70100

Who, me ?
Be sufficiently well prepared to complete Hetherset Sportive 60 miler.

Be sufficiently recovered to complete Way of the Roses over 3 days starting 29th June.

Do a 100 miler somewhere by the end of 2014. I think I had better book a sportive and pay the fee for this as the ultimate motivator!

IncoherentJeff

1) Cycle more miles than I did last year.
2) Reattempt restoration of the 1950's Raleigh I've had in the loft for a year (Gave up after being defeated by stubborn cotters during the 1st attempt).
3) Resist the n+1 rule!
4) Enter 1st triathlon (super sprint/sprint distance (baby steps)).

Last edited:

mikeIow

Guru
Persuaded a mate to join me for a London to Paris ride in August. I've done Lon2Bri a few times, as well as a few shorter rides, but am *not* a frequent cyclist.

& by that, I mean "MapMyRide" emailed me at Christmas to tell me I totally "kicked laziness in the butt in 2013. Bask in the glory."

For the *cough* 2 rides I did. Ha!!

Okay, in my defense I only got a phone that could use MapMyRide in October, but I clearly don't cycle a load...

Anyway, I fancied doing a decent ride that was not an "organised" one with thousands of others. We will have our families as support crew, so not completed unaided, but looking forward to the adventure :-)

Managed to get out for a 20km one today, so the "training" has begun!!
thx for listening :-)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Eat more cake.

this year's target is to stay on my mountain bike and not break any more ribs... last year I came off my mtb twice - first time breaking/cracking 3 ribs and 2nd time bruising the other side of the rib cage... I don't recommend it.

Otherwise I would like to see my average speed increase - though how is anyone's guess.

Get back on tour - current thoughts are Iceland in the summer: it could be a little too much too soon, but worth a try.

Succeeded in all 3 (just not Iceland) :biggrin: :wahhey:

vickster

Legendary Member
To not fall off, manage to cycle at least once every week and to do Ride 100 in August

To get the bikes out of the lounge into the Asgard shed that arrives in a couple of weeks!

And not to buy any more bikes (probably)!

BrynCP

Über Member
1. Ride at least 6 days a week, weather permitting
2. Ride at least 3000 miles, personally hoping for 5000 though:tongue:
3. Lose 4 stone
4. Ride a country lane route after dark

1.:thumbsdown:I've done plenty of 6 days a week, but not enough. I've ridden on 210 days of this year.
2. :thumbsup: Strava is showing 5013.2 miles Year to Date
3. :thumbsup: Lost 5 stone
4. :thumbsup: Done plenty of times with my Moon Meteor 200 and it is as rewarding as I expected: quiet and no light pollution

Top Bottom