2015 Rugby World Cup **Potential spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Titanic! (And the best team won!)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sadly, Australia seem to be doing to Argentina what they did to us: just being faster, sharper, smarter all round. Plenty of endeavour from the Pumas, but it's hard to see this ending in anything but a convincing Aussie victory.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yeah, that was convincing. Second half was an amazing, bruising contest, but the Argentinians lost it in the first half. You can't make mistakes against a team as organised and strategically sound as this Australian side.

They could win the final. I can't call it.

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
Can one of you knowledgable types clear this up...

could the Ref of the Scotland Australia game have called a TMO on that decision..

World rugby statement said no. http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/115761

It is important to clarify that, under the protocols, the referee could not refer to the television match official in this case and therefore had to rely on what he saw in real time.

Anyway, as my future Scottish father in law said, they should've won the line out...

Last night's game was good. ABs had the upper hand in terms of the way the game was going but the Bok's defence was pretty resolute in their own 22 and led the ABs to go for some weird kicks.... Couple times Carter did an up and under that just led to a mark being called when he may as well have just gone for the drop goal.... as he finally did in the 2nd half.

Was surrounded by a lot of South African's at the ground, though a couple people I was with were definitely rooting for the ABs, made it interesting :smile: I was pretty neutral but did have a Namibia shirt on and thought a SA win would be the more interesting result.

Australia back on form tonight with Pocock in the side. The Puma's kept threatening but never really looked like getting a try. Aussies worthy winners and really the only team I see beating the ABs. The battle of the back rows should be amazing, Pocock and Hooper v Read and McCaw (assuming he's not cited and banned...)

Aussies for the final? I had them down as favourites after their win over the All Blacks last whenever in some Southern Hemisphere unimportant competition which I vaguely remember reading the result of. I'm good at the gist if not the detail. Anyway I'm plumping for the Aussies as the lesser of two evils.

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
At the end of the group stages I thought the Aussies looked the strongest. They slipped up a bit in the quarters but they looked too strong for the Puma's today and I reckon they would've beaten SA too. I think they can beat the ABs (they proved that in the Rugby Championship) but if Foley misses kicks again it could be costly, as it was the Puma's had chances to even the scores.

I think the All Blacks should win, but quarter finals aside, the Aussies have been in the better form.

In other words I'm sat firmly on the fence....

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The aussies play so tight to the off side line that they are often lucky to get away with it, but their ability to turn over ball in the tackle is very impressive.
They make the NH sides look so slow and one dimentional.
I expect New Zealand to be a bit too powerful in the final.

martint235

Dog on a bike
There's still time for the ABs to bottle it in the final. That said this AB side does have something about it that suggests it may not bottle it in the way they used to.

Top Bottom