2015 Rugby World Cup **Potential spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It will be a gripping final and may come down to knife-edge decisions....

It will be a gripping final and may come down to knife-edge decisions....
...or elbow edged ones...

And I have just read that McCaw has no case to answer. I thought Aus probably deserved the win, but Argentina got a few tough decisions called against them. Still, there must have been a loud ole party in Pimlico last night.
To think that SA and Argentina have to slug it out again this Friday...the other two - not so interesting.
Japan, Argentina and Georgia...three teams that have contributed to that joie de vivre that is RWC 2015.
Let's see what the 'review' brings...

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm not so sure of that. It'll be gripping for sure but I suspect NZ may put on a 1/4s type performance in which case they'll win by 15. Put it this way; I could imagine a tight game or a comfortable NZ win, I couldn't see a comfortable Oz win
Oz will be content to win by one point, and win ugly, so long as they prevail.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I watched the Nigel Owens documentary last night on iplayer, i recommend it to all,
It shouldnt matter that an openly gay ref is overseeing the world cup final, but somehow it does.
It matters that society has moved on to such an extent that no one bats an eye lid.

Keep the 20th September free...GO JAPAN!
Re: Nigel Owens. What a lovely referee. It's others who are envious of his strength of character perhaps? Contrast this with all the mind-crushing claptrap in the press/media.
"It has always been such a macho game and, unfortunately, perhaps more than in any other sport, there can be an aggressive mob mentality in the stands."
From The Independent. Sigh...

In contrast, it is equally refreshing that David Pocock has invited Sir David Attenborough to the Final. Another gem of an insight into the 'other things' that an elite player occupies his time with: Article here. Surprised the poor guy could even see a TV screen! I'm looking forward to Friday night bish-bosh...and a bit more on Saturday.
David-Pocock-009.jpg

Photograph: Martin Bureau/AFP/Getty Images

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Cant say i blame him. He has been treated vey badly. He should never have been picked in the england squad.
Bath seem to think he is a flanker, but IMO he will never make an international flanker, but could, with time, make it as a centre. But he needs managing properly.
I get the feeling someone above was putting presure on Lancaste to pick him.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Cant say i blame him. He has been treated vey badly. He should never have been picked in the england squad.
Bath seem to think he is a flanker, but IMO he will never make an international flanker, but could, with time, make it as a centre. But he needs managing properly.
I get the feeling someone above was putting presure on Lancaste to pick him.

I too think he was foisted on Lancaster, there's no other plausible explanation for his inclusion.

Top Bottom