2017 Ashes - Spoilers only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
psmiffy
Whatever - Ball was swinging around under the lights - Aussie 53-4, England 268 behind - glimmer of hope? - probably not - ball is 25 overs old - so chances are it is not going to swing in the morning

AndyRM

XOXO
I am gobsmacked at that, as said I don't follow, but from the radio you would have thought we hadn't won it since the 90's.

Cricket is a weird, wonderful and complex game, which England are actually pretty good at. The Australians have done exactly as expected and England just haven't been able to cope, yet.

This game is relatively in the balance, albeit tipped in favour of Australia. Next session is key.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Some fight is always great to see .. I'm pleased they didn't just roll over and their bellies tickled ..

I'd have enforced the follow on but think the decision not to may have been due to the 4 man attack rather than anything else. I'd hope that 16 years on from losing in India after enforcing the follow on that it's not still the reason!!

U

User482

Whatever - Ball was swinging around under the lights - Aussie 53-4, England 268 behind - glimmer of hope? - probably not - ball is 25 overs old - so chances are it is not going to swing in the morning
I think it will be over tomorrow. Perhaps Overton could give some batting lessons to the top order.

philk56

Guru
Some great bowling last night and a glimmer of hope but with their first innings lead it's just too much for us I think. Much as I don't like him, have to admit that was a tremendous caught and bowled from Nathan Lyon. And also from Starc at the second attempt.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd like to think our batsmen will have learned their lesson from the first innings and actually bat sensibly. There is no reason to go chasing the total at this point.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Nice to see some fight
The run chase looks very high, especially with two sessions under lights to negotiate.

AndyRM

XOXO
England's day. Shame to lost Malan so late in the day, but sets up a potentially incredible finish tomorrow. Think I'll be going to sleep at the same time as Mini RM tonight so I can get up early!

philk56

Guru
Tremendous day's cricket. Stoneman looked good again but got bogged down. Cook survived a lucky non-review but can't get going at present. If it wasn't 2500k away from Perth I'd be there tomorrow! Entry is by charity donation.

Top Bottom