2017 Ashes - Spoilers only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I will probably jinx it, but England are doing OK.
Cooke seems to be a busted flush, which is a real shame as we need his steady runs.

U

User482

I'm changing my name to Dawid Malan.

philk56

Guru
2017-12-14 10.28.43.jpg
Just back from a most enjoyable day. I was fearing the worst when Root was out but putting Bairstow up the order worked well and some lovely batting. We need to really build on it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Having seen Dawid's Middlesex debut in 2006, his t20 ton a year later and many sumptuous innings for Middlesex and the England Lions, it was a pleasure to hear him finally get over the line at the highest level. Superb.

philk56

Guru
A solid start but then disappointing collapse. Moeen is put of touch at present and tail-enders not contributing very much. Overton had a good spell and was unlucky with the attempted caught and bowled but once again Smith in a different world. He plays so effortlessly. I would say still heading for a draw unless something really dramatic happens tomorrow.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A solid start but then disappointing collapse. Moeen is put of touch at present and tail-enders not contributing very much. Overton had a good spell and was unlucky with the attempted caught and bowled but once again Smith in a different world. He plays so effortlessly. I would say still heading for a draw unless something really dramatic happens tomorrow.
Is the forecast still ropey? If not, I could ui L&S see rug e Aussies scoring 550 and pressuring us in the 2nd innings.

philk56

Guru
Is the forecast still ropey?
I understood the first sentence! Yes, a 'wintry' front is forecast to arrive overnight and settle in for the next two days.

I'm off for my last day at the WACA, flying back home tomorrow night, so hoping for a good day. If we can get Smith out early we're in with a chance of having a decent first innings lead but that's a big if!

Top Bottom