2017 Ashes - Spoilers only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Chance, slim, but a chance !
History, innit!

80/20 in favour of the Aussies to my mind. They need a wicket in the first hour and then they'll hope the new ball will do the business. If we survive the first session unscathed, our chances go up!

Just to note, we made 370 (and lost) in the 4th innings at Adelaide in 1921.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England have shown themselves to be competitive in both tests, just a couple of bad sessions and the game is lost. There isn't much between these two teams, even if they do go 2-0 down.

philk56

Guru
Oh well it was always a longshot. Some fast accurate bowling, two very fine edges and a rash stroke from Ali - Lyon has him four out of four. I think we really need to get Bairstow higher up the order. On to Perth...

Last edited:

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
2-0 down difficult now to retain the Ashes, so far been really disappointing .. I like Stokes, has real attitude and aggression but with a bit of class, think we miss him badly ..
I remember reading an article few months ago about how much Australian cricket was in disarray over pay .. my ar5e ..

U

User482

I turned the radio on at about 6.30 to hear Woakes' dismissal. My early excitement that he'd been batting a long time was soon tempered by the realisation that the match was over and they were playing the highlights!

OP
OP
psmiffy
Australia reset overnight - excellent bowling by Hazelwood with the old pink Kookerbura ball and then Starc ruthless with the new ball - England played well to at least give themselves a glimpse but a fair result in the end

England need a bit of the rub of the green plus they need to graft if they are going to get anything out of the series - Stating the obvious - runs are the key for England - they dont have the firepower of the Aussies - every wicket from now on will have to be bought and paid for

philk56

Guru
So, last Ashes test at the WACA, England haven't won there since 1978 - it's nailed on surely :whistle: Rain is forecast for Sunday and Monday so that could be a factor if we get that far...

Best I'm hoping for is a draw....its not as quick as it used to be but Lyon is still the key man. Disrupt him and score big is the key for me [/broken record]

Top Bottom