2017 Mileage so far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
286 miles sorry punishment-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Heigue'r

Veteran
Started back on the bike mid may after a year or so out...1252miles...hoping to hit around 5000 before the end of the year

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not enough to be on target (3500 miles). According to Strava I am sitting at 2300 miles, but since not all my rides are saved to Strava I can probably add a few hundred to that. It hasn't been the best of summers, of course :rain:. I'll be happy if I can make it to 3k miles this year.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
1,851 miles so far - so I won't achieve thefairly optimistic target of 4,000 miles that I set at the start of the year, but I should easily break through 2,000 miles, which in the grand scheme of things won't be too shabby.

A bad start to the year (weather and illness - I only got four rides in all through February) plus new role at work mean my bike time has been curtailed quite a bit from last year.
Throughout spring / summer last year I could reasonably expect to get out for a cheeky 10 to 15 miler 3 times a week after work, which doesn't sound a lot but soon adds up (on the conservative side 3x10 = 30 miles extra week, x4 = 120 extra miles a month, x 6 months = 720 miles I'm missing for a start).

On a happier note and despite all that I've managed to keep the half century challenge going this year and I've cracked 100-miles on a ride so there is still stuff to be happy with.

OP
OP
simon the viking
As op... I'm not going to hit my 3000 target. Currently sitting at 1900. I had last week with nothing much planned so hoped to get some decent rides in but weather was poor and I felt culminating in me typing from a hospital bed. What a complete waste of week off!

Top Bottom