2018 Goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Simple really. What have you got in your sights for 2018 goals?

I didn’t get as many miles as I hoped this year. My aim is to commute this year. 9 miles each way with two pretty decent climbs, one each way. Alternatively, I can go a flatter, more scenic, route using a cycle track and coastal path. 15 miles each way.

I just need to get my butt into gear in the mornings and train myself to get to sleep earlier too. The latter being the hardest part for me, being a night owl!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A weekly average of 200km. I think that is 10,400km by the end of the year.

I decided on a weekly average as I can gain mileage as the weather improves during the year.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Finally sort out the bloody injury claim
Get the Ti bike
Stay injury free
Ride the Ti bike (and the carbon bike, the steel bike and the alu bikes)...hoping for 3000 miles

I guess sort out some employment for after my contract ends in Feb!

Slick

Guru
Mine are very demure compared to others but will represent a fair challenge to me. First I need to get out this slump I'm currently in that started just before Christmas, I've had one or two false starts and frustration is growing. Hopefully this leads to 3k this year and more miles on top of my commute which is why I've signed up to one of the challenge rides on here, oh, dropping a bit of weight is in order too. How successful I am in this will depend on exactly how much free time I get to spend on this endeavour, but that's the same for us all.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
An audax Super-Randonner series (separate 200/300/400/600km rides) to add another year to the Ultra-Randonneur (need 10 years, have 2), including some of the BRM rides which give early entry to PBP for 2019.

The rest'll be supporting my 13yo as he races this year in the UK U14 Youth series, track U14 and in Ireland at their nationals and other events. I'll fit audaxes around him.

I want to cycle more miles than @potsy

I've already cycled more miles in 2018 than @potsy did last year :tongue:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've already cycled more miles in 2018 than @potsy did last year :tongue:
Don’t you mean in the last 5? :whistle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Miles 5500 in 2018

Try to get a few longer rides in

Keep up with the wheeling and dealing

Try another carbon machine ( next one will be the 3rd one ) and see if i can work out what all the fuss is about

Top Bottom