2018 Goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I'd like to do more miles.

To do that I'll need to get out more often, breaking the habit of a lifetime by doing rides that are shorter than 100 miles. Mixing things up a bit would do me a lot of good, I'm sure, but I may not be willing to take my own advice. I could be back here in a year's time with the same conflict.

Buck

Guru
Cycling related (ish)

- be well all year (well being defined as being able to get out on the bike so not including sniffles and the like)
- be in bed before midnight at least 4 nights a week
- get out on the bike more than last year (aiming for 100+)
- ride more miles than last year
- complete the RideLondon 100 (for charity)
- get a new bike*

* a birthday present to myself ;)

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm aiming for 2500 miles including at least one imperial century. That will be almost double my total for 2017 and almost double my longest ride to date.

I'm also aiming to buy no new bikes this year, something I've been terrible at for the last 18 months...! :laugh:

Sharky

Guru
Main objective this year is to make it to the start line again for when the club 10's start again. And if I can get a little bit fit, ride a few opens and would really like to do a 50. Has been a while since the last one.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I did far more miles than I targeted in 2017, but some of those were done simply to get the miles in. This year I'd like to complete the Imperial Century a Month challenge (I've never ridden 100 miles so that may be interesting), along with the Metric 100 & 50 I dod this year. There is also the small matter of getting out more on the ICE trike, which I love but seems to fall to the bottom of the list every time, so I need to fettle that a little and spend some time on it.
I'd also like to do a mini tour with my lad, current thinking is a 2/3 day ride from home to Weymouth, with a lift back..

These first 3 for me too.

I'm planning on doing No. 3 at the end of April, before the agreement starts in May :okay:

Top Bottom