1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Tour de Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Richard A Thackeray, 5 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. Afnug

Afnug Yining & Yanging but mostly Yanging

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  2. No, it isn't!
    Could have been worse, it could have been a ride to Otley, & a climb back up East Chevin.............

3. Afnug

Afnug Yining & Yanging but mostly Yanging

I think that would have been a walk, just looked up my best time up there 5 mins behind KOM but well within in the top half of the results, its a good climb but too much traffic nowadays.

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  4. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

Does anyone know if there's much of an opportunity to hammer after the riders while the road is still closed?

There was after Le Tour, but I suspect there will be pressure to reopen the roads sooner after the Tour de Yorkshire riders pass.

The bit I'm interested in is Leyburn to Bedale, because it passes my static caravan.

I'm hoping I might get the five or six miles to Bedale before being swept aside by motor traffic.

5. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

When it passed near here quite a few cyclists tagged on after the caravan had gone through, ranging from a handful of very serious looking racing snakes in full club / team kit to a rather larger lad on his MTB. They got quite a cheer going down Main Street too. :laugh:

I'd guess most motorists would be avoiding the area as the closures are widely promoted so you'd probably be fine for a few miles?

6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

Yes, that's what I was hoping.

A chance to ride the route on closed roads was promoted in pre-publicity for the Tour.

I shall keep an eye out, but I don't think that formal invitation is being made for the Tour de Yorkshire.

Which rather suggests to me the roads will be re-opened sooner rather than later.

NorthernDave likes this.