2019 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Have another accident and injury free year.
I'll settle for that one!
Otherwise hoping for a similar year to this, mileage-wise (10 per day average so 3650 for the year).
Ideally I'd like to lose a stone in weight.
If I can find the time, I'd really like to do a cycling tour of Cuba, before it becomes another Americanised Caribbean holiday destination for the masses.
A long dry summer with plenty of weekend getaways would be good, too! But mainly: carry on enjoying the cycling.

13 rider

Guru
To complete a hat trick of 3 years in a row of completing the half century ,Metric century and Imperial century monthly challenges with separate rides . No milage target but it will be less than this year's I'm chasing down 12000 and finding it tough . Most importantly enjoy all my riding and not crash again

Didn't do much at all in 2018. Plans for 2019 will include the metric century challenge and a tour based on Lon Las Cymru but extended with side trips. Doing the Welsh trip with my brother and he's booked his flights (lives in Switzerland). Fancy a longer tour too and am thinking of some sort of circumnavigation of Scotland. Prerequisites to all of this are to get thinner and fitter.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Get back on the bike ASAP after knee surgery in January. I’ll set myself a target of 2k road miles to have something to aim for although I’ll be very much led by surgeon and physio, and to use the turbo for rehab (not going to set a virtual miles target as that’s just silly)

Good luck with the surgery. I had a new knee in October and I'm back on the exercise bike and hopefully out on the road in January depending on the weather.

Goal for the year is to ride as many miles as possible.

Slick

Guru
I'm not sure what my goals will be in 19 if any. There were times this year I was so busy concentrating on mileage that I neglected other facets of everyday living and that was a mistake.

I've signed up for the Glasgow night rider so may just try and raise a few quid for my chosen charity and just enjoy whatever time I have on the bike.

Top Bottom