2019 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I want to get back to riding fixed or singlespeed again.
Fit a few tours in.
Build my Raleigh Pioneer.
Have fun.
Don't crash.

Sixmile

Veteran
I haven't really thought much about 2019 yet, as I'm still trying to complete a few 2018 mileage and commuting goals.

Last week though I was talking to a mate about doing a ride to see how far I could physically ride in a day. I'm thinking of staying up the north coast (of N Ireland) and starting off say 5am in the middle of June and just seeing how far down Ireland I could get in a day or so. My furthest ever ride is around 110 miles and I'd plenty left after that particular event.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm still trying to complete my 2018 goals! ^_^

I have completed the Half Century Challenge for a third consecutive year, but I'm still a few miles short of my overall target mileage (2,500 miles) - as I'm only able to ride on weekends, this is still possible but weather dependent now.

For next year I'd like to complete more, longer rides - most of the Half Century rides have been metric rather than imperial, and I've only completed a handful of rides at metric century distance (or longer) largely due to time constraints.

I forgot to add these two goals:

Not fall off again

Shift some weight - I've put 10kg on this year and it needs to go.

Glow worm

Legendary Member

I wasted so much nice weather this year with an injury and a busy social calendar so I'm going to start prioritising the bike more rather than going to the pub.

Ride to the pub- win win!

I'll probably stick with the modest 3000 mile target. Am tentatively thinking of a Dieppe to Hook of Holland ride in late spring. Planning a route from here to Newhaven is proving tricky- should be a doddle in France, BE and NL hopefully.

groundy74

With only 29 miles to reach 2000 miles for 2018, I have decided to aim for 2500 miles for 2019.

I will be riding Prudential Ride London for the 2nd time and Velo Birmingham for the first as well as a few local Sportives, all in aid of Charlies Chance Foundation. Ive managed to lose 3 stone this year getting fit for the 2018 Ride London and the target is to lose another 3 stone in 2019.

1. Rebuild bike [s=]for[/s] [Edit: With] the Elder Son
  2. Refurbish my commuter
  3. Prepare for Japan tour
  4. Cycle campin with the Younger Son
  5. Get back to a metric century (I missed a year)...
  6. ...and top that with at least one imperial century
  7. Related to the above, go and find some of the beautiful places round here that are currently mere names on maps...
  8. Also related to the above, lose weight/slim down a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom