2019 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The Roaring Hundred and Forties.

A long-term ambition is to post a ride on Strava at every distance from 100 to 150 miles. For this purpose anything from 100.00 to 100.99 is 100 miles, and so on. This year I've managed to hit the outstanding seven numbers in the 130s, and now I just need all the 140s. If I can get half of those in 2019 I'll be very happy.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm still trying to complete my 2018 goals! ^_^

I have completed the Half Century Challenge for a third consecutive year, but I'm still a few miles short of my overall target mileage (2,500 miles) - as I'm only able to ride on weekends, this is still possible but weather dependent now.

For next year I'd like to complete more, longer rides - most of the Half Century rides have been metric rather than imperial, and I've only completed a handful of rides at metric century distance (or longer) largely due to time constraints.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
(1) Complete a real round the world distance. Currently 10 years in so far and over 22,000 miles .... just 2,900 to go to do the length of the equator.
(2) Another 3,000 miles in total. (Targets 3 and 4 should take care of this without having to concentrate too much on it .... they have this year).
(3) As many club rides and audaxes as I can fit in.
(4) Complete another Metric Century-a-Month Challenge to keep the run going and
(5) Two more Cat 1 Tour de France climbs to add to my collection. Aiming for the Col de la Colombiere and either the Col de la Croix Fry or a second climb of the Col de la Forclaz.

D

Deleted member 1258

Get back on the bike ASAP after knee surgery in January. I’ll set myself a target of 2k road miles to have something to aim for although I’ll be very much led by surgeon and physio, and to use the turbo for rehab (not going to set a virtual miles target as that’s just silly)

I hope the op goes well for you.

tom73

Guru
As a newbie not sure what next year will bring. But open to ideas though.
Some I do have are
Be good to do a sportive or 2
Go clipless (just never happened this year)
Plan more rides out with Mrs 73 (need a n+1 1st though :okay:)
Get my speed up a bit.
Sort out some better bike storage (with extra room for n+1 or 2 ;))
Be good to double my 2018 mileage
Carry on fine tuning the engine.
Look into bike packing (looks great fun)
Carry on trying to get my mate on a bike though can’t see it happening. (he’d love it for sure and we’d have so much fun)
Above all just carry on riding and bringing on the smiles and fun.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Goals....

Get older, wiser and more awesome than ever before!

Love my wife.

Love my kids.

Don't die!

Spend time with friends.

Maybe ride my bike more or less than I have this year, hopefully more, for various reasons.

Did I mention being even more awesome?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
No goals.
To be honest I’ve not thought too much about 2019 yet. 2018 has been fairly enjoyable cycling wise, the highlight being riding the tandem up Ventoux.

We do have a trip to Mallorca booked in spring, which reminds me I have to book some hire bikes...!

Top Bottom