2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 3 - Kaunertaler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts on midnight 14th Jan 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 10th March 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

I hope you enjoyed last weeks recovery ride, this week I'm bringing the pain again as we divert to Austria and visit the Kaunertaler 1396m of ascent in 23.63Km, most of which is Back loaded. Looking at the profile I suspect keeping a rhythm may be a little difficult

profile.kaunertaler.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:
Evening all. 1:52.48

martin22

Not sure if I like the sound of this ride seeing as my times have been fairly close to djk's :ohmy:

ibooij

Über Member
01:19:23, did you see the bit with the cows? Remind me never to get in a car with Ilja (or whoever was driving)!

Kaunertaler, that was Vlad :-)

I've been told I'm very comfortable and courteous driver, so cows and other wildlife are safe with me. Then again, I'm told a lot of things.

In the Tour Transalp 2016 I did almost collide with some horses on the ascent of the Kuthai, but that time it was the horses running our way and us trying to decide if we should just continue riding or look for a safe place to stop. In the end, they passed us with a meter or so to spare. Luckily, because a horse wins against a cyclist in a collision :-)

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
A climb local to us passes through some coniferous forest, and I came round a corner one time to nearly collide with a deer! ... I then spent a few minutes 'chasing' it up the road, as the sides were fenced and the daft thing couldn't get off the road! I'm glad I wasn't coming the other way as I'd probably have been doing 50KPH plus!! :eek:

Edit: forgot to say that Climb 4 is now 'Open' and can be found >>>Here<<<

Last edited:
Top Bottom