2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 3 - Kaunertaler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
1:21:13 for me please. https://www.bigringvr.com/activity.aspx?rideID=60828

I was a bit afraid of starting with Monte Zoncolan, so I decided to first tackle this "easy" ride. Yup. Easy... The last part wasn't pretty. The landscape probably was, but I didn't see it.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
1.19.00 for me @Aleman
Sorry, I missed this :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well that was a really interesting climb, @TurboTommy was off like a whippet up a drainpipe, and I though well that's the last we'll see of him today. I managed to pull almost 40 seconds out of @martin22 by the 4Km mark, with everyone else over a minute and a half behind, @TurboTommy only 11 Seconds ahead :hyper::boxing: Things were not to stay that way however by the time we crested the dam at 6Km @TurboTommy was over a minute ahead, and @martin22 was catching up at 11 seconds down, but was shortly to catch and pass me along the lakeside ... By the 11.8Km point we hit the wall that was the real start of the climbing, and @martin22 and I were neck and neck and had pulled @TurboTommy back to a mere 51 seconds. The next 2Km saw Tommy stretch that rubber band while Martin and I were playing leapfrog but no more than 2-4 seconds between us, it was time to put the hammer down and bring the pain!! 17Km saw me drag the gap to Martin out to 12 Seconds, but more importantly we had reduced the gap to Tommy to only 32 seconds, but @Mugshot was starting to make his play, and had brought the gap down to a minute and a quarter from over two minutes. This is not a time to let up, keep the pain on ... SHUT UP LEGS!!! Sadly at 20Km I Bonked!! the brain was willing and demanding that the legs continue to put the power down but I had nothing. Desperation forced me to down a gel, and my bottle of energy drink (If only I had dome so sooner!), by 21K I was 3 minutes down on Tommy and @martin22 was over a minute ahead. I continued to fall further behind, not helped by an ANT+ drop out which saw me only making 34W for a good minute.

1:48:57 in the end. ... I'm off to xx(xx( and :cry::cry::cry:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well that was a really interesting climb, @TurboTommy was off like a whippet up a drainpipe, and I though well that's the last we'll see of him today. I managed to pull almost 40 seconds out of @martin22 by the 4Km mark, with everyone else over a minute and a half behind, @TurboTommy only 11 Seconds ahead :hyper::boxing: Things were not to stay that way however by the time we crested the dam at 6Km @TurboTommy was over a minute ahead, and @martin22 was catching up at 11 seconds down, but was shortly to catch and pass me along the lakeside ... By the 11.8Km point we hit the wall that was the real start of the climbing, and @martin22 and I were neck and neck and had pulled @TurboTommy back to a mere 51 seconds. The next 2Km saw Tommy stretch that rubber band while Martin and I were playing leapfrog but no more than 2-4 seconds between us, it was time to put the hammer down and bring the pain!! 17Km saw me drag the gap to Martin out to 12 Seconds, but more importantly we had reduced the gap to Tommy to only 32 seconds, but @Mugshot was starting to make his play, and had brought the gap down to a minute and a quarter from over two minutes. This is not a time to let up, keep the pain on ... SHUT UP LEGS!!! Sadly at 20Km I Bonked!! the brain was willing and demanding that the legs continue to put the power down but I had nothing. Desperation forced me to down a gel, and my bottle of energy drink (If only I had dome so sooner!), by 21K I was 3 minutes down on Tommy and @martin22 was over a minute ahead. I continued to fall further behind, not helped by an ANT+ drop out which saw me only making 34W for a good minute.

1:48:57 in the end. ... I'm off to xx(xx( and :cry::cry::cry:
Good effort @Aleman , it's a blooming 'orrible ride that one.

Top Bottom