2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 3 - Kaunertaler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Lovely write up aleman. I haven’t used other people as markers yet but I’m not sure your effort has convinced me it’s a good idea :heat:

I picked up a virus over a week ago now and I’m still puffing and panting just climbing stairs. Hoping it clears over the weekend so I can get back in the hunt.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I haven’t used other people as markers yet but I’m not sure your effort has convinced me it’s a good idea :heat:
It can be as heartbreaking as it is motivating. Watching someone disappear over the horizon can be a tad frustrating, but seeing someone that you've built up a good lead on, start to pull it back, catch you and then storm off into the distance when you've got nothing in the tank is in equal parts :cursing: and :cry:I'm convinced that when they do they give you a wave and a cheery "Hello" or "Keep going fella" just to rub it in!
I have the elevation in the zoomed in mode and when you get a certain distance or time in front the competitor markers will drop off the screen, when you start to hit the wall and you've still got a fair bit of road left and all of a sudden that marker reappears to the left of yours...:eek:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Aleman 1.40.48

Tough towards the top!

Does help when you're trying to catch or stay away from other Cycle Chatters.

When is the live racing function coming, or no date yet. That should make things more interesting!
Doesn't look like you was chasing me much :surrender: :notworthy:

Del C

Veteran
Doesn't look like you was chasing me much :surrender: :notworthy:
Haha!

You were one of my 5 selected competitors.

Almost the whole gap between us was down to the second part of the climb. Up to the dam I'd pulled out a gap of 1.30 over you, but on the flat and descent down the valley you took back over a minute of that. When I started the second part of the climb after the valley, you were under 30 seconds behind me.

I did get into a really good rhythm on the climb and seemed to just hold a nice cadence. But I think that was one of your off days after racing if I remember right?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Haha!

You were one of my 5 selected competitors.

Almost the whole gap between us was down to the second part of the climb. Up to the dam I'd pulled out a gap of 1.30 over you, but on the flat and descent down the valley you took back over a minute of that. When I started the second part of the climb after the valley, you were under 30 seconds behind me.

I did get into a really good rhythm on the climb and seemed to just hold a nice cadence. But I think that was one of your off days after racing if I remember right?
My Kickr was playing up again that day I think, looking back on it. It seems to overheat, then starts to lock up making it really hard to turn over the pedals. Power then drops. It either then locks completely like today, or randomly the power spikes with almost no power resistance.

Time for a Neo 2 I think :whistle: I hope my wife is in a good mood this week :biggrin:

Del C

Veteran
My Kickr was playing up again that day I think, looking back on it. It seems to overheat, then starts to lock up making it really hard to turn over the pedals. Power then drops. It either then locks completely like today, or randomly the power spikes with almost no power resistance.

Time for a Neo 2 I think :whistle: I hope my wife is in a good mood this week :biggrin:
I've got a version 1 Neo.

Been very happy with it so far.

Have you considered a Bkool Pro?

:wacko:

Del C

Veteran
Just tried this I was 1.35 miles from the finish but I Bonked very Badly so had to bail, gutted so close to the end aswell
That’s a pig!

Top of the climb did wind it up a bit.

What was the problem? Lack of food or just a bad day?

Top Bottom