2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I should do a new FTP test Strava thinks Im up to 264w from 228w. I don't know if I'm fully up to 264w but it feels like I'm higher than 228w. Tonight was more of a cadence session but in hitting my cadence target I'm 90-100w over my secondary power target and I'm already in my lowest gear :wacko:
Ive scheduled in an FTP test for Friday. Tuesday normally my preferred day but I a social.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Kicked out a 3 hour low intensity ride today. How others do these kind of rides on a turbo I will never know. Problem with low intensity this time of year is that your feet get cold. Lovely ride in the winter sun though and lanes nice and quiet.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My programme: Ride the qualifying series including a few hilly events. Ride a few time-trials. Ride a few other events that interest me.
Not necessarily in that order.

In 2015 I included the 24hr, but I'm feeling lazier this time.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Did you jump on the turbo yesterday and if so what'd you do?

An hour of anaerobic at 120% of FTP. I felt pretty good and broke 18 personal bests.

Then had a blood nose at 02:00am. Unrelated I’m sure. I rarely get blood noses. Work has been very physical and it has been cold. Lost 500g in two days which is a lot, but not dehydrated. Maybe the scales had a funny moment.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
An hour of anaerobic at 120% of FTP. I felt pretty good and broke 18 personal bests.

Then had a blood nose at 02:00am. Unrelated I’m sure. I rarely get blood noses. Work has been very physical and it has been cold. Lost 500g in two days which is a lot, but not dehydrated. Maybe the scales had a funny moment.

How much time spent at 120%? By definition it cannot be an hour unless your FTP is wrong.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
33905267-F851-4E47-899B-38B4C94D57FA.jpeg
How much time spent at 120%? By definition it cannot be an hour unless your FTP is wrong.

Roughly 29% of the workout. And 130% not 120%!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Your FTP is way out. Look at your IF...

What's your setup?

It’s not out. That ‘graph’ you see shows where my FTP is (white line) and the blue bars are the 50 second efforts you work to above your FTP.

Why do you think it’s out and why do you think TR are wrong? The IF is 0.98, which on TR denotes you will give it almost your 100% best effort. Where 1 is your maximum.

Constructive answers welcome. :whistle:

huwsparky

Über Member
It’s not out. That ‘graph’ you see shows where my FTP is (white line) and the blue bars are the 50 second efforts you work to above your FTP.

Why do you think it’s out and why do you think TR are wrong? The IF is 0.98, which on TR denotes you will give it almost your 100% best effort. Where 1 is your maximum.

Constructive answers welcome. :whistle:
If your going to argue with me on why that can't be possible then i may as well give up.

Good luck anyway!

Top Bottom