2020 Brooks saddles, a question on hide quality.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gizmo1994

Hi OP. I possibly live fairly near you in Poitou-Charentes and I have 3 Brooks B17s if you would like to have a look at them. 2 are 3 years old and the other one I have just bought and it is waiting to be fitted. You are welcome to inspect if you wish.

Hi OP. I possibly live fairly near you in Poitou-Charentes and I have 3 Brooks B17s if you would like to have a look at them. 2 are 3 years old and the other one I have just bought and it is waiting to be fitted. You are welcome to inspect if you wish.
That is an extremely interesting offer to see on a sunny Sunday morning. How many hours south or west or south west from Poitiers are you?

gizmo1994

That is an extremely interesting offer to see on a sunny Sunday morning. How many hours south or west or south west from Poitiers are you?
1 hour south of Poitiers near Chef-Boutonne. Shame, we are often in Poitiers. Our son has his university flat there but he they are all studying from home at the moment.

gizmo1994

You are about 110km from chez moi, after the covid has done with us all we should meet up for a ride and a natter if you find yourself with free time.
Sounds good. Can I DM you if we find ourselves heading to Poitiers in the next few weeks? We need to check the flat every now and then, we could meet - maybe from a distance - somewhere. As long as we're back before curfew.

Cheapest I have seen, if they get a restock and if the price does not bump up.

I started riding bikes with Brooks saddles 65 years ago, the first was a Brookes Swift saddle and that was on a Falcon, about 4 years later I changed the bike to a Doors Domino and put the Brooks Swift saddle onto that of which I rode till I joined the forces in the late 60s. And I still own 4 Brooke saddles today. x2 B17s a Brookes professional sect and a Brookes Carrabin, the latter I think is rubbish.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
U.K. cows are slaughtered early, hangover from BST, so the newer Brooks saddles are thinner and softer than before.

Drago

Legendary Member
Can I take this opportunity to say my Charge Spoon saddles have been comfy from day one and continued upto 20,000 miles before being relegated to a second bike.
Urrggh! I find sitting on a real spoon more comfortable.

As regard Brooks bum perches, I'm of the alternative, sensible school of thought, that says the saddle doesn't break in - your arriss simply gets used to sitting on a piece of thick, mis-shapen leather.

Top Bottom