235 miles a day for a year (Amanda Coker Challenge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

I remember riding with Steve n Kajsa last year going up the Lincolnshire ridge. My heart rate hit about 160, they both just topped 100 by the top! Think it's just their bodies adjusting to the level of exertion.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A 198mpd week. Steve still wearing a groove in the A505.

Steve's stats as at 15 Oct 17
Days: 226 (61.9% of year)
Dist: 76,181 km / 47,337 mi
Avg daily dist: 337.1 km / 209.5 mi
Avg daily elevation (Strava): 1,324 m / 4,345 ft
Moving speed (Strava): 25.7 km/h / 16.0 mi/h
Hours per day riding: 15.4
Projected total at current daily rate: 123,036 km / 76,451 mi
Rate over last 7 days: 318 km / 198 mi per day

upload_2017-10-16_9-13-41.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I hope this might be useful. A stat I've looked at recently is his average daily mileage over the preceding 30 days.

Blank days would obviously distort this considerably, and the result would fail to give an accurate impression of what he's currently achieving. If I've done this right, I've removed them completely. So if there were two blank days in the preceding 30, what I should be showing is the average of the other 28.

30day.jpg

Since he currently needs 199.3 mpd to match Godwin (206.6 for Searvogel) he does indeed need to step it up a bit. And with just the rest of October plus the four dark months to come, it going to be a tall order.

But, as the end starts to come in sight, it must help to know the target, assuming it can be kept within range. I don't have the figures to hand, but I'd imagine that what he was able to achieve in the first couple of months of the 2015 attempt would offer some encouragement.

Lets hope for an exciting few months. Allez Steve!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Now let's look at something really important. Kudos. How many kudos clicks per day is Steve getting? I've presented this as average kudos/day for each week that he's been riding.
upload_2017-10-19_10-4-16.png

We can see that his support is holding up. Naturally there was some diminution of support as people tired of seeing mega rides popping up on their dashboards every day. But eventually support settled at around 1,000-1,500 per day and is maintaining that level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Now let's look at something really important. Kudos. How many kudos clicks per day is Steve getting? I've presented this as average kudos/day for each week that he's been riding.
View attachment 379378

We can see that his support is holding up. Naturally there was some diminution of support as people tired of seeing mega rides popping up on their dashboard every day. But eventually support settled at around 1,000-1,500 per day and is maintaining that level.
The really really important question is how does that compare to the kudos received in the last challenge? Is the level of support waning with each attempt?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
For some reason, I very rarely give Kudos to anyone. Even Kajsa only received this supreme honour on really significant milestone days.

So I could help to boost his Kudos ratings should this be needed. Should I wait until a moment when the whole campaign seems to be on the line? I'm thinking that perhaps that moment is here.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
<Hard stare>:angry:
From my exhaustive efforts, including but not limited to looking at how many pages the last thread had, noticing the last thread had far more posters and extensive market research of one person (me) I have found that there is less interest in this current attempt. Last time out pretty much the first thing I did when I got up was check Strava, I had the live tracker going all day on the comp and was generally all round excited and engaged. This time I'm not, but I'm not sure why. It may be because Coker has effectively killed it off but then I did enjoy Kajsas year, maybe it was the amount she engaged on social media, which is what Alicia did with Kurts challenge. I dunno, sorry Steve, I really want you to do well, but it's just not grabbing me this time :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom