2nd hand subtle hybrid for everyday and adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Randommoose

Über Member
I had a suspension seat post with my Adventurer and a Selle SMP TRK saddle (still using the same saddle, taped up where it is ripping!) and found that comfy but I don't know how much of the comfort was the seat post or whether it had done the same as yours and gone flat!
When I get a bike I'll test ride it as is and then gradually change things as needed. I'm assuming I'll need to put tyres (I like Marathon 32s), toe clips and my saddle on at a minimum.

OP
OP
R

Randommoose

Über Member
If you really enjoyed the Pro and think it would work for your requirements then you're more down the "road" end of hybrids and should probably take a look at the Whytes, which are that way inclined, too.

I could look at them but at the moment there aren't any second hand on Ebay so even if I liked them I wouldn't be able to get one. I'll keep an eye out though and keep them in the list to consider thank you.

Sixmile

Veteran
I have a 2015 Specialized Crosstrail and pull a Croozer for 2 trailer with it. The cable disc brakes are just about ok but the front suspension is pretty much useless. I'm onto my 3rd set of wheels after buckling the original front and the bearings going on the second set. I now have Mavic Crossride wheels with Marathon supremes and they seem a good mix.

Jackmaster

Regular
Seems to be a different thread to what I posted on before - but I am more than happy with my bike and, as long as it doesn't get nicked! Will be a lifetime bike haha!

Obviously that is daytime pics with and without flash. I run a lot of lights. Think I should be quite visible! Instead of ridiculous reflector laws I think more should be put into making more tyres and graphics more retro reflective as standard. Most of the colours can be muted in daylight and reflective at night. Just my 2 ps worth. But as you can see - massive difference between the 2 same tyres.....

Scott Sub 20 2012 1.jpg
Scott Sub 20 2012 2.jpg
Scott Sub 20 2012 3.jpg
Scott Sub 20 2012.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom