2nd Training Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If any of you have read my previous posts you will know that i have'nt even sat on a bike for approx 8 years let alone ridden one and have decided to start again mainly for reasons of weight loss, but unfortunately i am the type of person that without a goal loses interest quite quickly, so i have set myself the goal of riding from port talbot to london at the latest next summer (preferably during the easter school hols), i did my 1st run 2days ago which was a little 3 mile ride.

Today however i decided i'd up my game a little and did a 7 mile run going hell for leather the whole time, enjoyed every second of it, had a heavy head wind coming along the river afan to the seafront but the joy of every headwind is the tailwind on the return journey, i even ejoyed getting sandblasted by a heavy crosswind going along the promenade... lol, tomorow i intend to up the distance again to 10 miles, hopefully by this time next week i will be able to do the 20 miles to swansea bay and back with very little effort.

Fran143

Über Member
Hey Courtenay,

Well done you and keep it up!:thumbsup:

Fran.

Crankarm

Guru
If any of you have read my previous posts you will know that i have'nt even sat on a bike for approx 8 years let alone ridden one and have decided to start again mainly for reasons of weight loss, but unfortunately i am the type of person that without a goal loses interest quite quickly, so i have set myself the goal of riding from port talbot to london at the latest next summer (preferably during the easter school hols), i did my 1st run 2days ago which was a little 3 mile ride.

Today however i decided i'd up my game a little and did a 7 mile run going hell for leather the whole time, enjoyed every second of it, had a heavy head wind coming along the river afan to the seafront but the joy of every headwind is the tailwind on the return journey, i even ejoyed getting sandblasted by a heavy crosswind going along the promenade... lol, tomorow i intend to up the distance again to 10 miles, hopefully by this time next week i will be able to do the 20 miles to swansea bay and back with very little effort.

You've only made 10!

How much do you weigh?

OP
OP
courtenay

courtenay

14/15 stone currently about 3 to 4 stone over what i should be with a very low fitness level and i smoke lol and actually no i only made 7 today, 10 tomorow lol, damn i aint walked more than 1 mile in 8 years let alone cycled lol.

Crankarm

Guru
14/15 stone currently about 3 to 4 stone over what i should be with a very low fitness level and i smoke lol and actually no i only made 7 today, 10 tomorow lol, damn i aint walked more than 1 mile in 8 years let alone cycled lol.

Take it easy at first, but do lots of walking and cycling. But please cut out the fags!

OP
OP
courtenay

courtenay

Thanks for the encouragement guys, just got back from a 22.5 mile ride with some killer hills did the port talbot to swansea section of NCN4 there and back. My legs feel like a cpl of lumps of dead meat.

Top Bottom