Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries ride, August midweek.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'll probably ride to Dumbarton at some point tomorrow, to visit a friend.
Where abouts is this Crow road I hear so much about? I'm away to google map it :biggrin:

I'll probably ride to Dumbarton at some point tomorrow, to visit a friend.
Where abouts is this Crow road I hear so much about? I'm away to google map it :biggrin:

It's mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills. :evil:

It's a beast of a climb outside Lennoxtown. Being as tubby as I am, I've ridden up it four times now and each time, it's broken my spirit before the top.

Enjoy :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

@Edwardoka this "It's mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills." should become the CC ecosse standard route description :laugh:
I'll not have time to hill hunt tomorrow, if it's so steep as described by many once in my lifetime will be plenty ... maybe on my next birthday :whistle:

shyfire

Child care sorted! I'm in for this one if that's ok? @shyfire I'm just 10 mins down the road from you. If you were thinking of taking your car I would be delighted to give you a lift and share?

@DonnaHegarty I was going to take the car to Wemsyss Bay but if you have room for 2 bikes would be great. I'll probably be dropping the dog off in Cumbernauld in the morning so could meet you there.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Scoosh brother not available, so I've updated the list here.

I might am staying over in Glasweegieland on the Wednesday night, with vehicle, so might be persuaded to give someone or two - or even three :ohmy: - a lift from Glesga to Wemyss Bay ... ;)

Applications, on a postcard, to .... ^_^

Edited for correct starting point ... :blush:

@Pat "5mph" ?

DonnaHegarty

@DonnaHegarty I was going to take the car to Wemsyss Bay but if you have room for 2 bikes would be great. I'll probably be dropping the dog off in Cumbernauld in the morning so could meet you there.
That suits great. We could meet at Broadwood, nice and easy to find with no parking restrictions :-) I'll dm you to make arrangements re times, etc. speak soon

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Food supplies.

If any attendees are anything like me (i.e. cannot cycle on an empty stomach) then I can recommend a pre ride breakfast and/or cake, at the Seaview Cafe, directly across the road from Wemyss Bay station.
Just posting this as Dunoon is probably too soon after the start of the ride to be stopping for something to eat, and Rothesay too close to the finish! The only place in between is the slightly pricey Colintraive Hotel, just before the ferry crossing to Bute. We can always see how things pan out on the day. Weather is looking cautiously optimistic just now; perhaps a wee bit of a westerly breeze just to keep us cool :whistle:.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Good call, I'll have breakfast before I Ieave (2.5hr drive), but I'll pop in there for a coffee most likely. I will be bringing some fruit cake with me too, and a bit extra all wrapped up in pocket sized pieces if anyone wants some to nibble on the way round. :smile:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Good call, I'll have breakfast before I Ieave (2.5hr drive), but I'll pop in there for a coffee most likely. I will be bringing some fruit cake with me too, and a bit extra all wrapped up in pocket sized pieces if anyone wants some to nibble on the way round. :smile:

Probably see you there then! I will be aiming to get there between 10:00 and 10:30, depending on whether I am going for the full gut-buster or a more sensible coffee and cake.

Pat "5mph"

Scoosh brother not available, so I've updated the list here.

I might am staying over in Glasweegieland on the Wednesday night, with vehicle, so might be persuaded to give someone or two - or even three :ohmy: - a lift from Glesga to Wemyss Bay ... ;)

Applications, on a postcard, to .... ^_^

Edited for correct starting point ... :blush:

@Pat "5mph" ?

Cool, Thank you @Scoosh :smooch:
Say a time and a place: will bring tasty cake along :hungry:

Top Bottom