Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries ride, August midweek.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Can i just say as a southern jessie and English to boot, looking at those photos you do have the most stunning scenery to ride around and you get ferries to and fro what a dream. You are very lucky have a fantastic time and hope the weather holds good for you.:thumbsup:
Dear jessie,
Yes, we really do have stunning scenery :wahhey: , connected by ferries :becool: and the :sun: always shines.

You are very welcome to visit :biggrin: and I am sure the CC Ecosse brigade :dance: will be out in force :hungry: to ensure you have a wonderful time cycling :bicycle: in our beautiful countryside.

@Hill Wimp :highfive:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can i just say as a southern jessie and English to boot, looking at those photos you do have the most stunning scenery to ride around and you get ferries to and fro what a dream. You are very lucky have a fantastic time and hope the weather holds good for you.:thumbsup:
From the big smoke to the sea today, a 35 mile bike ride, voila'! Mind, we did get soaked a bit, headwind all the way as usual :rolleyes:
Sea.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Brandane
Have you any idea how much ££ we'll need to bring for the various ferries en route ?
I'll be driving down with Pat (and anyone else who would like a lift from central Glasgow ??) and we'll aim to be at the Wemys Bay station by 1030. I've asked Pat to PM you for a phone number ... just in case :sad:.

Looking forward to this 'adventure'. :highfive:

shyfire

@Brandane
Have you any idea how much ££ we'll need to bring for the various ferries en route ?
I'll be driving down with Pat (and anyone else who would like a lift from central Glasgow ??) and we'll aim to be at the Wemys Bay station by 1030. I've asked Pat to PM you for a phone number ... just in case :sad:.

Looking forward to this 'adventure'. :highfive:

From timetables since I was checking the all important time of the last ferry(7pm)
Rothesay - Wemsyss Bay £4.90, Colint-Rhub £1.55, Gourock-Dunoon £4.25

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

About £10..... I think it is £4.20 for Gourock/Dunoon, and £5.80 buys the CalMac Island Hopper ticket to cover the other 2 ferries on and off Bute. You have PM with my phone number.

NB.... For those parking cars at Wemyss Bay: The fee for a days parking at the train station is £3 (last time I used it). The ticket machine only accepts £1 coins, so it might be an idea to make sure you have that, rather than having to faff about and change money at the paper shop etc.. You can always take your chance by parking on the main road if you can find a space. There is a time limit (1 hour?) but as there are no longer any traffic wardens employed in these parts, the likelihood of getting a ticket is zero. There is also a car park directly opposite the Shell petrol station, for which there is a fee (cheaper than the train station, can't remember how much) payable at the petrol station.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Arghhhh! The dreaded sciatica has struck :cursing:. Had to take a sicky from work today as there is no way I can get in and out of a car all day, carrying suitcases and shopping as an aside.

I am hoping that it will have eased off by Thursday, but fear not; the ride will go ahead in any case, even if I have to wimp out and be the support car :sad:.

Actually, having suffered from this on and off for years, I am confident that I will be ok for Thursday. I am just getting my excuses in now for being slow!

I'm almost certainly a "no" unfortunately. Far too busy at work to get the time off, plus I did the five ferry version on Saturday (Arran-Kintyre-Cowal-Bute) and I've picked up a niggling knee injury :cry:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm almost certainly a "no" unfortunately. Far too busy at work to get the time off, plus I did the five ferry version on Saturday (Arran-Kintyre-Cowal-Bute) and I've picked up a niggling knee injury :cry:

The 5 ferry route is one for the future! Sorry to hear you've picked up an injury, hope it sorts itself out soon.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Arghhhh! The dreaded sciatica has struck :cursing:. Had to take a sicky from work today as there is no way I can get in and out of a car all day, carrying suitcases and shopping as an aside.

I am hoping that it will have eased off by Thursday, but fear not; the ride will go ahead in any case, even if I have to wimp out and be the support car :sad:.

Actually, having suffered from this on and off for years, I am confident that I will be ok for Thursday. I am just getting my excuses in now for being slow!

• Oh good/dear ! We have a DS to chase us up the hills, urging us on to even greater heights and exploits than we think we can do ! :hyper:
  • Oh dear/good ! We'll just have to have a route-finder car-cum tech support vehicle-cum mobilefeed station-cum broom wagon all the way round ! :whistle:
Sciatica is not nice and I hope it disappears before Thursday ... if not, we'll just have to swop bikes ! :laugh:
GWS, Brandane :hugs:

clockhammer

Oh no and ouch. You sure you should be doing anything at all? Your health must come before a ride so please only consider it if you are fully okay, even as a support car, dont want to see you aggrivating it even more. I'm sure we rearrangr it if required.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oh no and ouch. You sure you should be doing anything at all? Your health must come before a ride so please only consider it if you are fully okay, even as a support car, dont want to see you aggrivating it even more. I'm sure we rearrangr it if required.

I'm sure it will be fine. Already starting to ease off, and from past experience I am fairly confident I will be back on the bike by Thursday; hopefully even before then.

Top Bottom