Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries ride, August midweek.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
aye well like you im advancing in years (47) and still smoke (trying to give up )
As Brandane said, come join us, will be nice to meet again. :hello:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane no, I have not put this ride on the Belles page because I want to relax on Thursday, leave the organizing stress to you :biggrin:
@shyfire @DonnaHegarty and me will be the only Belles this time afaik.

OK, thanks. I think that means 7 of us if the weather doesn't put anyone off, on the day :whistle:.

Organising stress? :laugh:. A post on here and a head count on Thursday, that's it! (and hopefully the same head count after we finish :smile:). The ride is just a repeat of one I have done several times before. A piece o' cake compared to trying to organise a full weekend motorbike outing for 25+ bikers around the borders, as I have been known to do. That was good fun too.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye, you should have heard @Louch on the last Dunfermline ride! C'Moan, C'moan, C'moan... ;)
Clearly you were too far behind @Louch to hear the "C'..." at the start of the word, @Fubar ... ^_^
[today is 'Be Nice to Louch Day :thumbsup:]
... because I want to relax on Thursday, leave the organizing stress to you :biggrin:
Relax :eek: - with me driving down to Wemyss bay, through Glasweegie/M8 .... :surrender: !

Aye, right ... ;)

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just been out and tested my back with a 24 mile circuit from Largs to Loch Thom via Brisbane Glen, then down to Inverkip, Wemyss Bay, and over the Meigle Road back to Largs. No ill effects; in fact probably did it some good! Just one of those rides that felt really enjoyable, for no particular reason. Bring it on tomorrow :smile:.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Weather forecasts can't make up their minds, so I'm going to assume it will be a bit on the damp side :smile:

It's only short, so I don't need to carry lots of food or anything, so it's going to be shorts, long sleeve jersey + waterproof with my waterproof gloves and shoe covers coming along.

Top tip: thoroughly clean cycling glasses lenses and apply Rain-X or other water repellent to them. Water just falls off them, brilliant stuff.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Weather forecasts can't make up their minds, so I'm going to assume it will be a bit on the damp side
Looks like we might just get lucky, fingers crossed. Forecast says heavy rain overnight, then light rain in the morning, a dry spell in the afternoon, then back to heavy rain on Thursday night.
+1 to Rain-X, must see if I've still got some. Was told not to use it on my motorbike crash helmet visor, as it can supposedly make plastic brittle enough to shatter if it gets hit with a stone. Don't suppose that matters for cycling glasses though.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
No Rain-X, but found some "MER Rainaway", which is good stuff too. I have applied it to my cycling glasses, which of course now means we will be guaranteed a dry day. I will leave the sunscreen at home too; that usually brings out the sun. :smile:

Top Bottom