Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries ride, August midweek.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shyfire

+3
I had to cancel at the 11th hour since ex couldn't take the dog after all. Was going to be too long a day to leave him :angry:
Disappointed was looking forward to this as well.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
+2
Looks like the odd shower is moving through, but there seems to be drying-out time in between

T (sneaking in a quick look from the office :wacko:)

Yes it did dry out - for about 10 minutes! Actually the ride on Bute was nice and dry and gave us an opportunity to dry out after the previous soaking, but the heaviest rain of the day was reserved for my 20 minute ride home from Wemyss Bay. I got in the house and stripped off in front of the washing machine and threw everything into it. I couldn't have been any wetter :sad:.

Apart from the weather though, a fantastic day out and great to meet all the others who came along. Thanks guys and girls for subjecting yourselves to a damp day out and the odd climb ;).

clockhammer

What a great ride, thanks to @Brandane for organising it and thanks to the others for their company. Well done to @Pat "5mph" @DonnaHegarty for lugging those heavy bikes around and well done to @Scoosh for making it round on that crazy bike :thumbsup: , thanks for the wee go as well. Good to see you again as well @MikeW-71 good to see your climbing coming on ^_^
Aye the weather was crap but it was a great ride, the ferries were good fun and the scenery (what we could see of it) was lovely.

Well done all and thanks

MikeW-71

Veteran
Back home and it's still lashing down with rain here too!

Thanks for the excellent ride @Brandane, nice to ride with you again @clockhammer and yep, my climbing is improving, but that 20% section really had me in trouble :heat: . Still, what doesn't kill you and all that.

Great to meet you both @Pat "5mph" and @DonnaHegarty you both did brilliantly. That big climb was well beyond the call of duty, but we always saw you pedalling over the top :bravo:

I can't possibly get any wetter that I was on that ride, so rain is never going to put me off again :laugh:

DonnaHegarty

I'll echo those thoughts,not sure I could have got any wetter but i really liked today's ride! Many thanks to @Brandane for organising and helping me with my gears. And a huge thank you to @Scoosh for encouraging me to get off out the saddle for some of the hill climbs. It's been a confidence issue up to now but I managed it a few times and will practice!

Great to meet some new faces too @MikeW-71, @clockhammer and @Brandane

With ferries, west coast scenery, great company and @Pat "5mph" singing along in Italian what more do we need :-)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Back home in Edinburgh, where there has been no rain :banghead: , though it has just started now ...

Favourite bit of the ride ? .... the 'bit on Bute', on good roads, when it didn't rain at all ! :ohmy:
Least favourite ? .... the rest :laugh: the bit along the 'coastal road', which I thought was going to follow the loch-side and be nice and flat; it wasn't and I had a "grump" :angry: about the weather :rain:, the ride, the weather :rain: - but never about the company :thumbsup: nor the route.

The weather might have been on the 'miserable' side but it was still a great day out, with a cracking group of folk :wahhey:
Very many thanks to Brandane for organising the ride, the rest of you for your company - and Pat, just for 'being Pat' :hyper: !

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Glad you had a good day out, despite the :rain:... I was thinking of you occasionally when I wasn't too busy with some tricky data analysis, sat at my computer all day - "wish I was there" :whistle:.
Now get yourselves over onto the CC Ecosse Redstone Rigg thread and over to the sunny east for this Sunday :hello:. There may be cake ;)

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What a great day! Thanks very much @Brandane for organizing it, thank you all guys and Donna for the fantastic company, no way I would have done those climbs had I been on my own ... got 2 Strava trophies on them, even for the one I walked :hyper:
There was lovely cake, thanks to @MikeW-71 there is a video :ph34r: by @clockhammer
Soaked to the bone, got dry in @Scoosh car, got soaked again on the few miles ride home from town ... brilliant :biggrin:
I'm away to make a photo album of the event before I collapse in my bed: when are we doing another flat ride next? :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Is that @Scoosh 's sofa-bike making that tune?

[fortunately] No :laugh: - Scoosh's bike was making really annoying rattley/clicky noises all the way round, which seemed to be rear mech issues. A chance glance down at the drive idler, late in the ride, showed that a couple of cable-ties had come out of position.

Re-siting them produced peace, relief and (almost) a :smile: to Scoosh's damped enthusiasm (yes, I know, hard to imagine but it was very :rain: !)

What @clockhammer doesn't show in the vid is neither the 17% climb ... nor the 20% just after it :eek: - nor his Good Samaritan "No one gets left behind" bit soon after the start, when one rider took to the road while others were on a cycle-path, so he went back to 'seek out that which was lost'. :blush: I We knew we were in safe hands ... :bravo:

Top Bottom