38.1mph!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BLUE(UK)

I often hit 40mph on my hybrid.
It's all well and good saying that heavier people should go faster downhill but they have more drag since their body mass will likely to be larger.

The most demon descender I know is probably the lightest rider I know too, I think its got more to do with technique & courage (which I lack) than anything else.

nathanicola

I think its more to do with gravity a heavy person wil fall faster than a light one,i weigh 10 stone, the fastest i can ride down my local hill is 46.9mph and thats when i completely spin out after that i dont speed up any more. My father in law is about 18 stone and he can get 51 down the same hill without pedaling down.

paul04

Über Member
haha! i wish!!! fair enough it was downhill but it's still pretty quick for a guy with a gravitational disadvantage

call it kinetic energy helping you along:smile:

Markymark13

I managed 43.5 mph yesterday coming down the Chunal descent into Glossop after a ride to Edale and back. First time out on my road bike and the first time above 30 mph!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I managed 43.5 mph yesterday coming down the Chunal descent into Glossop after a ride to Edale and back. First time out on my road bike and the first time above 30 mph!!

The Chunal descent is a nice one nice and open, decent surface, good visibility and a few sweeping bends, not too twisty!

The descent down the Cat and Fiddle is very nice too.

Top Bottom