400k audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's the only AUK event I know of at the moment that's suitable. I guess I need to wait to see if others pop up. For example, where is the National 400 going to be in 2017?

I've also been working on/daydreaming of a nice London - Sussex/Kent coast - London loop route.

Incidentally Severn Across seems to have been rebranded as London Wales London Unless I've got things muddled up. I think they are stretching credibility just a bit by calling Gerrards Cross "London". It's not London by any definition that I can think of.
And Chalfont St Peter isn't Gerrard's Cross! It's about as London as the start of LEL, and its closest train station is the tube.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And Chalfont St Peter isn't Gerrard's Cross! It's about as London as the start of LEL, and its closest train station is the tube.
I chose Gerrard's Cross as the nearest biggish place. I think it's a bit of a cheek describing anywhere outside the M25 as London. If they wanted to sex it up a bit then what about "Slough Wales Slough". That would be uber sexy and a bit more accurate.

I chose Gerrard's Cross as the nearest biggish place. I think it's a bit of a cheek describing anywhere outside the M25 as London. If they wanted to sex it up a bit then what about "Slough Wales Slough". That would be uber sexy and a bit more accurate.
Surely CStPWCStP - ok, that may be the worst acronym ever.

I've heard good things about A&S. Maybe next year ......?

srw

People are always telling me I live in London - because Amersham is on the TfL network.

There seems to be a category error there.

Chalfont-Chepstow-Chalfont would be better: "Cha-Che-Cha" or "CCC".
dance-cha-cha-o.gif

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
There'll be plenty of others. BRMs have to be published by the end of September. BRs can follow later.

tatr

I rode part of the Severn Across route this weekend and it was OK. Would have been fine with fresh legs but it was definitely rolling rather than flat.

How about riding back from the Dunwich Dynamo @Dogtrousers - its a c.380k round trip so you only have to add in a small diversion to turn it into a 400k, you get a lot of company on the night leg, and the route is nice and flat.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Apart from the 2013 National 400, which was partially nicked from @vorsprung, I've never run a 400. Nor anything over 600. But Vorsprung's Avalon Sunrise is more benign than the National and a very good ride.

It's a few years since I rode the Severn Across (think I once did it on fixed), but that was a decent route as well.

srw

I thoughcould call www.londonwaleslondon.com London on the same basis that Paris Roubaix and Paris Brest Paris claim to start in Paris! Hope the tongue in cheek playing with geography doesn't put you off!
No, but the 400k does. My one and only audax was a 100k from Chalfont a few years ago. At the moment even that distance is too much.

Top Bottom