47 year old Gosport cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What makes you think that's it was an overtake? from the little information the two cars collided (right turn ? pull out from a side road/ parking space ?) and one of them then hit the cyclist. I do hope he pulls through too.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
What makes you think that's it was an overtake? from the little information the two cars collided (right turn ? pull out from a side road/ parking space ?) and one of them then hit the cyclist. I do hope he pulls through too.

Actually, you're right.. my mind must have been working overtime.

Norm

That was Saturday - anyone seen Cunobelin recently?

Ah, just found that he's been posting today.

PhunkPilot

Renegade of Phunk!
I grew up on that very street and live about 3 miles away from there now!

They put in pinch points along that road several years ago in a vain attempt to slow motorists down. Instead of putting in a central reservation they put extended kerbs and bollards on opposite sides of the road at intervals.

What actually happens or so I've observed is that instead of giving way to approaching vehicles drivers actually speed up in order to dart through the gap before the approaching vehicle can! You CAN pass but only within centimetres of the opposing vehicles. I wonder whether two vehicles attempted this collided and then the VW sadly hit the cyclist whilst trying to regain control.

I cycle this road when I go to visit my mum and believe me chaps its scary stuff. See picture below as I've don't think I've explained the layout that well.

[media]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/mm?hl...CaR6t6lhKTM7Zg&cbp=13,325.95,,0,10.95[/media]

Hope the cyclist is ok.......

Thanks for the concern - it is appreciated

This is on my commute and just around the corner from me.

Tukes.jpg

Local gossip has it that it was someone came out of the shop parking using the space of the road opposite to execute a "U turn" failed to look, and a car proceeding "up" on the photo collided with it and then was "knocked into" the cyclist

As I said local rumour, but explains the double crash.

PhunkPilot

Renegade of Phunk!
We probably pass each other fairly often Cunobelin! Im going to randomly start waving at other cyclists along there! It may even be you one day!:thumbsup:

PhunkPilot

Renegade of Phunk!
We probably pass each other fairly often Cunobelin! Im going to randomly start waving at other cyclists along there! It may even be you one day!:thumbsup:

Golly, someone has a lot of programs on his Mac.

You might want to change that image, Cuno, as I have a feeling you've just published your postcode to the world.

Thanks, good point, but as I said it is round the corner, so not actually my postcode

Norm

Thanks, good point, but as I said it is round the corner, so not actually my postcode
Excellent. :thumbsup:

I've found a few people embedding their postcode in streetview links without realising, I guess it shows that I can get paranoid on behalf of others. :biggrin:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Buildouts eh. Hate them myself. People seem to accelerate through the ones here too.

I'm glad its not you Cunobelin! Equally I'm saddened that anyone should get hit.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

No need. I've recognised Cunobelin on the IoW Randonnee solely from his avatar.

PhunkPilot

Renegade of Phunk!
Ha! I've actually seen him on the road once or twice. I now know its him!!!

Those buildouts are lethal. People have always broken the speed limit on that road now they speed and play chicken! Well done Gosport council!

Mad at urage

Ha! I've actually seen him on the road once or twice. I now know its him!!!

Those buildouts are lethal. People have always broken the speed limit on that road now they speed and play chicken! Well done Gosport council!
'trouble is, the academically qualified, sheltered staff who make the decision to put the build-outs there simply don't understand the mentality of those who will speed down a residential street for fun.

Top Bottom