52 Cafes in 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Cafe No.5 The Lighthouse Bar & Kitchen, Bracelet Bay, Limeslade, Mumbles nr Swansea.
Recently changed name from Castellemare.
Lemon drizzle cake was good but had to wait 10 mins for the Cappuccino which cost £3.20 and was the size of an eggcup.
Also had to ask for sugar as none came with it or was on table.
Place seems to have completely lost its charm from when it was Castellemare.
Great views etc of course.

Shame it's gone downhill, went there a couple of times after the Cardiff-Swansea FNRttC.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Went to Spain last week and notched up five cafes in six days! Was generally very impressed with the standard of coffee in Spain, it was delicious!

Cafe 5, Cafe Colon, Ronda
A lovely, old fashioned cafe under our hotel. Did a superb carby breakfast for non-residents. Delicious strong coffee and v friendly people. Loved the feel of the place.

344E60AF-6682-4EF0-B0AD-ED840E41864C.jpeg

Cafe 6, Oteiza, Granada

Cool, stylish little cafe. Welcoming and warm. Really good coffee and chocolate croissants. Helped me with my atrocious Spanish.

DDD21DBF-385E-44BA-923C-0FD57FF11DDE.jpeg

Cafe 7, Recyclo Bike Cafe, Malaga

My first ever bike cafe, attached to an excellent little shop where we rented bikes. Hipster, funky vibe but not snooty. Good food, good coffee, really good bike rental.

67DB8D5C-9E05-43C0-8D9C-6086795D84C1.jpeg

Cafe 8, Santa Coffee, Malaga

Friendly staff and decent coffee but didn’t blow me away. Didn’t have much of a feel to it, a little bland.
DDD637B5-113C-4047-BE83-875DFF14F011.jpeg

Cafe 9

Mala Leche, Malaga

Felt cosy and local. Good coffee, mediocre croissant.
5DC85D38-480E-480D-808E-4277A90F810B.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Café 10: Sandal Castle Café, Wakefield

Here before going to watch today's racing in Wakefield. That's the plan, rather than getting roped in to ride the E123 race like last year.

I like this café; it's friendly and appears to be well run each time I've been. The climb up to it I don't like so much.

Coffee and a flapjack for £4.90

PXL_20230226_103756787.jpg

OP
OP
Panscrank

Panscrank

Here before going to watch today's racing in Wakefield. That's the plan, rather than getting roped in to ride the E123 race like last year.

I like this café; it's friendly and appears to be well run each time I've been. The climb up to it I don't like so much.

View attachment 679516
Great price for a coffee and a flapjack

Sallar55

Veteran
Tafraout for b/fast and Jamaa Idaoussemlal cafe No.7

PXL_20230226_075842458.jpg

PXL_20230226_131506264.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 679516

That looks like a damn fine flapjack !

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Café no 3 Rievaulx Abbey. Excellent pea and mint soup. MrH said his millionaire's shortbread was the best he'd had in years ( also the most calorific of their cakes :mrpig:). Sorry forgot to take a photo. Toilets and bike parking available.
IMG_20230226_150931.jpg

Café no 4 Cornercopia in Helmsley. Another excellent cream tea, this time with clotted cream :smile:. The jam was a little disappointing though. Staff were lovely.

IMG_20230226_145824.jpg

tom73

Guru
Café no 3 Rievaulx Abbey. Excellent pea and mint soup. MrH said his millionaire's shortbread was the best he'd had in years ( also the most calorific of their cakes :mrpig:). Sorry forgot to take a photo. Toilets and bike parking available.
View attachment 679709
Café no 4 Cornercopia in Helmsley. Another excellent cream tea, this time with clotted cream :smile:. The jam was a little disappointing though. Staff were lovely.

View attachment 679707

We know that area well Rievaulx Abbey once did a great bargain called walkers special pot of tea, soup, sandwich , cake and cream/jam scone. We use to share it a highlight of our yearly trip to Rievaulx.
The problem with Helmsley we've found is you no sooner find a lovely cafe then next time you go it's gone down hill. Or staff just not bothered about you. One or two good ones we've found though great coffee shop over looking the square, Botham's always call in for cake or a Bacon butty. Oh and a great ice-cream place that do a mean ice cream Sunday.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......

View attachment 679516

Coffee, flapjack and ketchup? You heathen!

Top Bottom