52 Cafes in 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yesterday I was on a 200k audax from Alfreton and, as it was cold, offered some opportunities for stops:

Café 11: Corn Dolly, Wragby

It's an old building but friendly staff. I squeezed into a corner as there were lots of customers. The dark shadow on the bottom right is my bike!

Apple pie with custard and a coffee for £5.15

PXL_20230304_122240298.jpg

Café 12: Feeling Peckish, Newark.

The plan was to stop at Gannet's rather than just keep going to the finish as I was really cold. But that was busy and this appeared to be open next door. They'd stopped doing hot foot but could still supply something; friendly front-of-house, grumpy back-of-house and it's a nice place.

No hot food but a coffee, toasted teacake and cake for £6.00.

PXL_20230304_150731331.jpg

Hebe

getting better all the time
Total 45. Cafe 3. I have been passed this one a lot of times so thought I would try it this time. Nice one with a good range on cakes. I had

View attachment 681202

View attachment 681203 coffee and bread pudding. It at the Slieght Golf Driving Range just outside Devizes

I love reading your posts because there are so many cafes that are right on my doorstep that I have never been to.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Café no 6. The Hide Cafe and Deli Pocklington. Revisiting an old favourite from when we did East Yorkshire Cycle Chat rides. @Cathryn was it Admin's 40th we celebrated here? Excellent brunch and coffee. The cake selection also looked good. Cycle racks right opposite. A handy stop off on the Wolds Cycleway

I remember the day but don't remember the cafe!!!!

Always Cross

Veteran
Total 46. Cafe 4. Not so much a cafe but a well known bakery in Pewsey. Marshalls Bakery in Pewsey. Coffee and piece of lardy cake £2.80 takeaway. Sat in an Audax hotel/bus shelter to eat and drink watching village life go by. Lovely.

20230318_081811.jpg

20230318_081633.jpg

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Total 46. Cafe 4. Not so much a cafe but a well known bakery in Pewsey. Marshalls Bakery in Pewsey. Coffee and piece of lardy cake £2.80 takeaway. Sat in an Audax hotel/bus shelter to eat and drink watching village life go by. Lovely.

View attachment 682038

View attachment 682039

Flipping LOVE lardy cake. Will always remind me of getting it with my Nan and her dog and waving at the lorries going over the A303.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 11, The Mole Hill, Claverton Down

Out on a run 🏃🏻‍♀️ and stumble on a little horse box cafe half way round! Would have been rude to have run past, so I didn’t. I got a flat white and sat on a bench, checking out the current situation at Milan San Remo before stiffly staggering the final mile home!

Attachments

• 0415ECC8-976D-40DE-A98D-C2D4F0687070.jpeg
    0415ECC8-976D-40DE-A98D-C2D4F0687070.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom