52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 9. Scandimania in Stamford, Lincs on a girls weekend away! Delicious chai and cakes, warm and welcoming on a cold day! Post parkrun (admittedly several hours post parkrun but my first post parkrun coffee of the day so it counts)
8D6C4157-CAA5-4F7C-87FE-6558FED70EDB.jpeg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 10. Fika in Oakham, post run! Incredible brunch and lovely courtyard for drier, warmer days!
8761F779-5B05-4FB0-A618-21311F467A8C.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cafe 10, Week 8: The Cider Press, Netherthong

PXL_20220223_112435171.jpg

After missing rides due to racing, weather and work I got out today with my club's Tints ride (think: retired riders, what used to be called 'Autumn Tints'). We ended up at the Cider Press near Netherthong. An odd location, round the back of a hamlet up a hill. Nice food but pricey; coffee plus sausage/tomato sandwich for £7.

No bike photo, and you don't want to see a pile of oldies in lycra.

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 10, Week 8: The Cider Press, Netherthong

View attachment 632357

After missing rides due to racing, weather and work I got out today with my club's Tints ride (think: retired riders, what used to be called 'Autumn Tints'). We ended up at the Cider Press near Netherthong. An odd location, round the back of a hamlet up a hill. Nice food but pricey; coffee plus sausage/tomato sandwich for £7.

No bike photo, and you don't want to see a pile of oldies in lycra.
Nether ‘thong’ 🤣

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe number 9 Mipo at Lydway next to Planks Farm shop good prices.

I haven’t been to that farm shop for years! I used to love it! Didn’t know there was a cafe there either!!

Always Cross

Veteran
It’s very similar to Stick and Stones at Woodborough, wood burning stove, settees to sit on big cable drums turned Into table a bit of a shop very cosy.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
So I've finally totted up my cafe list so far this year.

1. Seaways Cafe in Fridaythorpe after a walk in Thixendale. It's known as a bikers haunt but was pretty quiet when we were there. Serves a good cuppa.
2. Rievaulx Abbey cafe. Annoyingly the woman in front took so long to order we were after the food ordering cut off, despite our protestations. We settled for a take away cuppa in the entrance which actually hit the spot. This was mid way on a walk we've been doing for years from Helmsley to Rievaulx.
3. The Strawberry Lounge in Alnwick after walking from Alnmouth. Amazing cake selection. Sadly it looks like it has temporarily closed.
4. The Vale Cafe in Rothbury. So good we went twice! Bit of a greasy spoon. We happily sat out the rain before getting frozen and snowed on out walking. A warming cuppa was definitely needed at the end.
5. Yorkshire Sculpture Park as reported above.
6. Ma B's as reported above
7. Casey's Coffee truck in Allerthorpe Woods

8. Dogh Cafe in Welburn. Another one we went to twice in a day:hungry:. Mr HelenD123 took his mum for a walk while I did a hilly 35 mile loop. Gotta get some miles in before I go cycle touring in Spain soon. Sorry, forgot to take a photo, even though I had two opportunities!

I'm catching up ^_^

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So I've finally totted up my cafe list so far this year.

1. Seaways Cafe in Fridaythorpe after a walk in Thixendale. It's known as a bikers haunt but was pretty quiet when we were there. Serves a good cuppa.
2. Rievaulx Abbey cafe. Annoyingly the woman in front took so long to order we were after the food ordering cut off, despite our protestations. We settled for a take away cuppa in the entrance which actually hit the spot. This was mid way on a walk we've been doing for years from Helmsley to Rievaulx.
3. The Strawberry Lounge in Alnwick after walking from Alnmouth. Amazing cake selection. Sadly it looks like it has temporarily closed.
4. The Vale Cafe in Rothbury. So good we went twice! Bit of a greasy spoon. We happily sat out the rain before getting frozen and snowed on out walking. A warming cuppa was definitely needed at the end.
5. Yorkshire Sculpture Park as reported above.
6. Ma B's as reported above
7. Casey's Coffee truck in Allerthorpe Woods View attachment 633091

8. Dogh Cafe in Welburn. Another one we went to twice in a day:hungry:. Mr HelenD123 took his mum for a walk while I did a hilly 35 mile loop. Gotta get some miles in before I go cycle touring in Spain soon. Sorry, forgot to take a photo, even though I had two opportunities!

I'm catching up ^_^
You’re on fire!

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
7. 22/01/22 Hope Centre in the middle of Macclesfield. It's a volunteer run place affiliated to the local churches, but they're not god-botherers just genuine friendly people. Excellent value for money, as the staff costs are low. (Sausage, egg, bacon baguette and large cappucino £6).
8. 23/01/22 Sutton Garden centre, near Macclesfield.

Today would have been number 9, but I diverted from the one I was going to to another one, which I've already logged, so it doesn't count.

Sorry no photos of any of mine, I must remember to take a camera.
9. 26.2.22 The Cornwall Bakery in Ambleside. Very good coffee and scone. Only one table to sit at, so more of a takeaway really.
10. 27.2.22 Esquires Coffee in Ambleside. Organic coffee and cake with fiendishly expensive prices to match (cake was £5.95!). That said, they didn't bat an eyelid when two drowned rats turned up dripping all over the place.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
9. 26.2.22 The Cornwall Bakery in Ambleside. Very good coffee and scone. Only one table to sit at, so more of a takeaway really.
10. 27.2.22 Esquires Coffee in Ambleside. Organic coffee and cake with fiendishly expensive prices to match (cake was £5.95!). That said, they didn't bat an eyelid when two drowned rats turned up dripping all over the place.

£5.95! Heck. What was it like? Photos?

Top Bottom