52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Always Cross

Veteran
Cafe no 10 today NES’s Cafe at Catford, London. I am staying in Beckenham I brought my Bike Friday with me in the back of the car. I worked out a route to the O2 for a bit of a ride but couldn’t stand all the traffic in London so saw this cafe and dropped in a tea and apple pie with custard £4 basic cafe but good.

Attachments

• 20220312_145918.jpg
    20220312_145918.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220312_150856.jpg
    20220312_150856.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 6

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Cafe 11, Cafe Nero in central Leeds. Bang on my route and loads of outdoor seating so it did the job.
IMG_20220312_145915.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cafe no 10 today NES’s Cafe at Catford, London. I am staying in Beckenham I brought my Bike Friday with me in the back of the car. I worked out a route to the O2 for a bit of a ride but couldn’t stand all the traffic in London so saw this cafe and dropped in a tea and apple pie with custard £4 basic cafe but good.
Know the location well, I've walked (and cycled) past many times but I've never been in there. If you want a pleasant ride from Beckenham, go South, not North. Head past Hayes to the North Downs. Unless, of course, you specifically needed to go to the O2.

Always Cross

Veteran
I was feeling lazy and chose the flattest route I could find on Ride With GPS. I’ve been passed Biggins Hill a few times but couldn’t face any hills that day thinking about it the hills would have been better than the traffic. Just not in the right frame of mind I got to London for got ear piece for phone blue tooth couldn’t even follow the map as I had forgot phone mount. I had phone in my breast pocket route was on Komoot but what with the wind and traffic couldn’t hear the instruction.:angry: So turned for home Komoot took me through Beckenham Park which was the best part of the ride.

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
EE7D9215-46C6-418F-8242-836FC63EE9F3.jpeg
Cafe 14. The Charlton Cat in Rushall.

Absolutely cracking day for a ride! Beautiful blue skies and sunshine although a strong and chilly wind for a lot of the ride! I’ve been to this cafe before although not since the pandemic! It’s is VERY nice…a little bit too fancy to be a true cycling cafe but we felt perfectly welcome!! Good coffee and I enjoyed Greek yoghurt with berry compote as I’ve given up sugar (in cakes etc) for Lent.

Attachments

• F65641FC-81F7-4D36-8AB5-B9130925F869.jpeg
    F65641FC-81F7-4D36-8AB5-B9130925F869.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 5

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cafe 15, week 13: The Courtyard Cafe, Rabbit Hill Business Park, nr. Boroughbridge.

I'll have to add a photo from the TT as it was massively busy, and I couldn't get a photo without anyone in it. All the time trial competitors got a free drink, meaning it was very full and I'd already put the TT bike in the car.

Post 10-mile TT drink (free) and carrot cake (not free but very welcome :mrpig: ). They're a nice bunch of people running this cafe, which is on the A168 (old A1) between Boroughbridge and Walshford.

Rabbit-Hill-Slides_Cafe.png

Last edited:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
No cafes to add for me for two weekends now (well, none that I cycled to). We had a city break in Bristol and visited a fair few. I also visited quite a number of bike and outdoor shops getting stuff for my upcoming tour, including replacement gloves for the ones I must have left in a cafe on my previous ride :cry:. Heading to Spain on Saturday for two weeks of cycling and cafe stops ^_^. We're setting a very leisurely pace so I'm envisaging plenty of relaxed coffee stops at pavement cafes.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
No cafes to add for me for two weekends now (well, none that I cycled to). We had a city break in Bristol and visited a fair few. I also visited quite a number of bike and outdoor shops getting stuff for my upcoming tour, including replacement gloves for the ones I must have left in a cafe on my previous ride :cry:. Heading to Spain on Saturday for two weeks of cycling and cafe stops ^_^. We're setting a very leisurely pace so I'm envisaging plenty of relaxed coffee stops at pavement cafes.
Please post lots of pics for those of us stuck at home!

Top Bottom