52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 15 on a very easy short ride with my son to see how I was feeling post Covid.

Bunce’s, Marlborough. Usually a local favourite but really poor customer service today so a bit disappointed. My chai latte was also disappointing but my son’s cake and hot chocolate were both excellent!

6B373082-5BB0-459D-8DBC-26836ED4410A.jpeg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
9. 26.2.22 The Cornwall Bakery in Ambleside. Very good coffee and scone. Only one table to sit at, so more of a takeaway really.
10. 27.2.22 Esquires Coffee in Ambleside. Organic coffee and cake with fiendishly expensive prices to match (cake was £5.95!). That said, they didn't bat an eyelid when two drowned rats turned up dripping all over the place.
11. 2.4.22 Turquoise cafe in Macclesfield. My usual haunt was shut due to staff shortages, so I thought I'd try this one. It's a Turkish sandwich bar and was very good, I'll certainly go back and will put on the map. A fair few seats inside. My wife had their own breakfast (spicy sausages and egg with other accompaniments), I had a very nice tuna melt panini.
Bonus photos aswell!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
The Spanish installments start here

Cafe 14 Bar New Ziroks next to the supermarket, close to the airport. Sparkling water and patatas bravas sat in the sun before we properly hit the road.

Cafe 14 Restaurante Montellano Asador near Gergal. Coffee was ok. Cakes looked pre-packagef and we didn't bother.

Cafe 15 Camping Las Menas. Superb hot chocolate and coffee, particularly when it's snowing outside. A great welcome from José and a log fire
IMG_20220404_174703_1.jpg

Always Cross

Veteran
Cafes 11 and 12 today. Pickleberry cafe in Bratton tea and bread pudding nice. Then a hot chocolate at the top of Cain hill flight of locks. I'm bit behind missed one weeks cafe due to an audax then 2 weeks missed because of covid. Forgot to get photo of Pickleberry cafe will get it when I go past next time.

Attachments

• 20220409_122322.jpg
    20220409_122322.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 3

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafes 11 and 12 today. Pickleberry cafe in Bratton tea and bread pudding nice. Then a hot chocolate at the top of Cain hill flight of locks. I'm bit behind missed one weeks cafe due to an audax then 2 weeks missed because of covid. Forgot to get photo of Pickleberry cafe will get it when I go past next time.
I like Pickleberry and it’s a lovely name as well!! I need to go back this year!

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
11. 2.4.22 Turquoise cafe in Macclesfield. My usual haunt was shut due to staff shortages, so I thought I'd try this one. It's a Turkish sandwich bar and was very good, I'll certainly go back and will put on the map. A fair few seats inside. My wife had their own breakfast (spicy sausages and egg with other accompaniments), I had a very nice tuna melt panini.
Bonus photos aswell!
12. 15.4.22 "Tea room at number 11" in the centre of Audlem. I had tried to get into The Old Priest's House in Audlem (a favourite of mine) but it was shutting up. The tea room was good with a bonus ice cream from the post office next to it. A bit of a panic when I realised I didn't have my wallet or phone with me, but luckily my wife had a card.
It was our wedding anniversary today (one of two, no I haven't been married twice, but we got married on Good Friday, so that's one and the other is the actual date). Mozzarella panini for me and BLT for my wife. Both very tasty.
Sorry no photos, when I realised I'd left my wallet somewhere, I was rushing to get back as there was a possibility I had left them on my van (I hadn't as it turned out).

Top Bottom